The Student Room Group

Kingston vs Brunel vs Greenwich university

I am confused between Brunel, Greenwich and Kingston University. I wanted to enjoy a city life as well as a bit of university life and brunel is a good university, it offers much more activities than any other but it does not offer much of a city life. Kingston and Brunel are almost 45 mins away from Central London whereas Greenwich which is not a proper campus like brunel is only 15 mins away and also it is right on the river Thames so one can also enjoy some scenic beauty. Which one would you suggest
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by div55
I am confused between Brunel, Greenwich and Kingston University. I wanted to enjoy a city life as well as a bit of university life and brunel is a good university, it offers much more activities than any other but it does not offer much of a city life. Kingston and Brunel are almost 45 mins away from Central London whereas Greenwich which is not a proper campus like brunel is only 15 mins away and also it is right on the river Thames so one can also enjoy some scenic beauty. Which one would you suggest

Hey there, I also applied at Greenwich as faced this problem. Short answer I’ve decided to firm Brunel. I did this because although brunel is 45 mins away from central (Paddington station or Baker Street) the time will just fly by. As a person who commutes 1hr to college and back believe me scrolling on your phone takes the time away.

Also because brunel is a campus uni they have a lot more to offer over Greenwich and kingston. It’s also got a better name and reputation over the others and far better industry links. The cost of living is much much less too, you will find a good modern accom in Wembley for around £190-£200per week whereas I’m Greenwich your looking at £230-£300 per week. And in kingston your halls price for an en suite starts at around £190.

Brunel has more people in the uni so there’s always going to be people going into central. When your in london you’ll probably want to get a travel card. Zones 1-6 is around £1.3k per year with a student discount. Sounds alot I know but compare that to insurance for cars it’s pretty average. That means u can travel anywhere from zones 1-6 as many times as you want. When your in Greenwich you’ll probably end up wanting a zone 1-6 travel card because there’s always things going on in all zones of london so the cost isn’t different.

Although Greenwich campus is prettier your spending about 6-10hrs a week in lectures so your not actually seeing it as your inside. And to be real with you, u will probably want to move into private accom like unite students after first year so you won’t be in that area (kingston and Greenwich are so much more expensive)

So to summarise, Kingston and Greenwich are indeed more central and city like however they are not as good as Brunel in many major factors like reputation, not being part of uni of london, industry links, cost of accommodation, student campus life.
Brunel hands down.

Quick Reply

Latest