Shivansh Yadav
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
What is the importance of chromosome replication during Interphase?
Show with the help of a diagram...
Confusion is that in which phase does it really occur? I mean during Interphase only DNA replicates... No chromosomal replication occurs...
Last edited by Shivansh Yadav; 6 months ago
R_A07
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
isnt dna chromasomes
emily2401423
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Chromosomes are make up of DNA so when the DNA replicates it's self, the chromosomes are also replicated. I know this is complicated! I'm doing A level biology and I still get mixed up. In order of size from smallest to largest it goes: DNA nucleotide, DNA triplet, gene, chromosome, nucleus.
The importance of chromosomes replicating during interphase is that they need to double the amount of DNA in the cell to produce diploid daughter cells after mitosis.
Hope this helps!
Jpw1097
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Shivansh Yadav)
What is the importance of chromosome replication during Interphase?
Show with the help of a diagram...
Confusion is that in which phase does it really occur? I mean during Interphase only DNA replicates... No chromosomal replication occurs...
It isn’t technically accurate to say that chromosomes replicate during interphase. During interphase, DNA is in a loose form known as chromatin, which replicates during S phase. It is not until prophase where the DNA condenses into the tightly packed form known as chromosomes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (18)
19.15%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (32)
34.04%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
5.32%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
2.13%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (9)
9.57%
Reading articles about what steps to take (18)
19.15%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
4.26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.38%

Watched Threads