Biology course with ecology focus?

Watch this thread
floppyfish
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Which bsc biology course has the biggest focus on ecology, biodiversity, animal biology etc as those are the modules im most interested in?
UniOfLincolnStudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by floppyfish)
Which bsc biology course has the biggest focus on ecology, biodiversity, animal biology etc as those are the modules im most interested in?
Hi floppyfish

I don't know if you have had a look at the University of Lincoln for their BSc Biology course as one of the core modules for first year students is Ecology.

You can have a look at all our listed modules via the course site on the website.

If you have any questions you can chat to current students via our UniBuddy Site or you can email our dedicated enquiries team on [email protected]

Thanks,

Megan
Y3 BA Education Student
Uni of Southampton Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Hi, floppyfish!

It is great to hear that you are interested in these topics

I am currently in my third year of MSci Zoology at the University of Southampton as my main focus lies in evolution and ecology. From what you are saying, it sounds like a degree in Zoology might be a good option for you too. However, if you would like to be awarded a degree in Biology, you could still share many modules with zoologists

To give you some examples - so far I had a chance to take, i.a. Evolution and Ecology, Behavioural Ecology and Animal Behaviour. I also know that some of my friends decided to choose biodiversity and conservation-related modules.

If you would like to see other options available for the BSc Biology programme at the University of Southampton you can take a look here.

All the best,

Agnes
Student Ambassador
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Hey floppyfish

I currently do Biological sciences with a focus on Ecology, Conservation and Zoology!
At Reading you have a really great choice of modules with access to interesting modules outside of school such as Animal Welfare in Agriculture.
We also have the Cole museum of zoology here at Reading, as well as a lake, wilderness area, meadow, botanic garden and urban area which all male really interesting ecosystems that are really accessible for us to study! I have had an amazing time on this course and really would recommend it if those are your interests. You can have a look more in depth at the course here.

My advice if you know that is the side you are more interesting look for a course WITHOUT a 'common' first year (where every biology student studies the same thing) and find a course where you get to select the majority of your modules from first year such as the course in Reading.

Please feel free to ask any further questions about this type of course in general or the course at Reading University.

Zoe
Third year Biological sciences and student ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (140)
40.35%