The Student Room Group

A-level geography!!!

Isn't a-level gog the most boring thing ever! Don't know why on earth i chose it - its tedious, boring, and has little logic to it, especially the human aspects to the course!

Oh, and for edexcel b, we have to do this stupid A2 coursework which is worth a puny 7.5% of the final grade! How crap is that?

the title is "assess the extent to which the root causes of famine lie in physical geography". Anyone got any ideas what to do - i'm totally lost as to how to do this assignment!
Reply 1
weather/climate change/soil type/history/soil erosion etc etc
hope it helps :smile:
Reply 2
JML161
weather/climate change/soil type/history/soil erosion etc etc
hope it helps :smile:

ummm...ok, lol
Reply 3
Phil23
Isn't a-level gog the most boring thing ever! Don't know why on earth i chose it - its tedious, boring, and has little logic to it, especially the human aspects to the course!

Oh, and for edexcel b, we have to do this stupid A2 coursework which is worth a puny 7.5% of the final grade! How crap is that?

the title is "assess the extent to which the root causes of famine lie in physical geography". Anyone got any ideas what to do - i'm totally lost as to how to do this assignment!

I'm glad I'm not doing Edexcel B - I'm in love with my course! Weather and climate is something I can and probably do talk about in my sleep. The only thing I don't like are the Decision Making Exercises, which seem pretty damn tedious.

Well, what have you covered already? In your course? what are the module titles, a brief overview of what you do? If I know what you've covered I can give you a poke in the right direction.

First off, you might want to look at WHERE famine occurs largely, then examine the climate. Then the vegetation and so on.
Reply 4
Geography is illogical, what planet you from??
How is geography illogical? Je ne comprends pas.
Reply 6
m66
Geography is illogical, what planet you from??

correction...HUMAN geography seems so illogical. I love physical geography, lol

In my mocks, i got an A in physical geography, and an E in human geog exam, without revision. I hate human geography!!!!! :mad:

its sooooo annoying!
Reply 7
Phil23
correction...HUMAN geography seems so illogical. I love physical geography, lol

In my mocks, i got an A in physical geography, and an E in human geog exam, without revision. I hate human geography!!!!! :mad:

its sooooo annoying!

I prefere physical too.. well you sound intelligent so its probably that you are not writing the correct answeres in human geography beacuase a)you case studys are wrong or b)you dont no essay structure
Human geog will soon be great when u get that grade up.. although physical geog rules!!!!!
Phil, it's probably because in physical geography there are more "right answers" than in human geography, which is usually more subjective?

Latest

Trending

Trending