The Student Room Group

A Level English lit help

I’m in desperate need of a response to a comparison of the great Gatsby and love through the ages anthology

‘Compare how the authors of two texts you have studied present ideas about how individuals challenge typical ideologies of love.‘

Please write an A/A* response, I need desperate help
Reply 1
You shouldn't expect people to write a band 5 essay for free and for some stranger on the internet, so you should look for people being able to give u points at most considering they're not gonna write ur final essay.
This statement isn't too bad considering you can talk about Gatsby changing his life for Daisy; Tom and Daisy's behaviour and I guess even Nick's view on love. For the poetry side I'd probably talk about The Flea and maybe The Scrutiny as they both present a problem and solution to the love they each desire.
Original post by H.dy
You shouldn't expect people to write a band 5 essay for free and for some stranger on the internet, so you should look for people being able to give u points at most considering they're not gonna write ur final essay.
This statement isn't too bad considering you can talk about Gatsby changing his life for Daisy; Tom and Daisy's behaviour and I guess even Nick's view on love. For the poetry side I'd probably talk about The Flea and maybe The Scrutiny as they both present a problem and solution to the love they each desire.

What conventions of love do they challenge?
Original post by LoveIsAChemical
I’m in desperate need of a response to a comparison of the great Gatsby and love through the ages anthology

‘Compare how the authors of two texts you have studied present ideas about how individuals challenge typical ideologies of love.‘

Please write an A/A* response, I need desperate help

I pity the person that can actually be asked to write some stranger an A/A* response. I don't know how you thought that would work.
Original post by cleveranimal56
I pity the person that can actually be asked to write some stranger an A/A* response. I don't know how you thought that would work.

Me neither if I’m honest
Reply 5
Original post by LoveIsAChemical
What conventions of love do they challenge?

typical love, material love, atypical love. think about the contexts and things like mental health. Look at examplar essays on the aqa website and mark schemes to see what they say

Quick Reply

Latest