GCSE Triple Science

Watch this thread
Anonymous48
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi,
I was wondering if you guys could help me out. So basically, I need to buy a revision guide for Triple Science (AQA) but I am stuck on which one to get. Our school hasn't recommended any to us. So any suggestions would be appreciated.
Many Thanks
Last edited by Anonymous48; 4 months ago
LegoSlayer
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
CGP. Triple is separate for each one eg biology. Chem, physics, not just one guide like double.
Anonymous48
Rep:
(Original post by LegoSlayer)
CGP. Triple is separate for each one eg biology. Chem, physics, not just one guide like double.
Thanks for replying. My friend has collins and says it is really good but is the cgp one better? Did you get good grades by using this book? Thanks
LegoSlayer
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous48)
Thanks for replying. My friend has collins and says it is really good but is the cgp one better? Did you get good grades by using this book? Thanks
CGP is more entertaining which helps to keep your interest. And overall better I’d say. Yeah I got 9s in physics, biology, chemistry and computer science using them. I’d say CGP is less good for humanities/ arts but great for sciences.
Anonymous48
Rep:
(Original post by LegoSlayer)
CGP is more entertaining which helps to keep your interest. And overall better I’d say. Yeah I got 9s in physics, biology, chemistry and computer science using them. I’d say CGP is less good for humanities/ arts but great for sciences.
Thanks for your response. You said that they are not good for humanities. I am doing Geography (AQA) and History (Edexcel). If you have done those 2 GCSE's, which books did you use? Thanks for the help
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Thanks for your response. You said that they are not good for humanities. I am doing Geography (AQA) and History (Edexcel). If you have done those 2 GCSE's, which books did you use? Thanks for the help
Have you asked your teachers what they recommend? Are the school books no good?
Anonymous48
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
Have you asked your teachers what they recommend? Are the school books no good?
Our teachers gave us a variety of options but I do not know which is the best out of the one's that they have suggested to us
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Our teachers gave us a variety of options but I do not know which is the best out of the one's that they have suggested to us
Ask .. look at each of them - what suits YOU may not suit others.
Anonymous48
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
Ask .. look at each of them - what suits YOU may not suit others.
Ok, Thanks. In your opinion, which one do you think is the best/ which did you use?
apples983
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
collins > CGP. the collins books are much more concise and condensed, and they only tell you exactly what you need to know
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Ok, Thanks. In your opinion, which one do you think is the best/ which did you use?
I'm a teacher and there was nothing when I did my GCSEs
LegoSlayer
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Sorry, I didn’t do those, so can’t say. As another poster said, what’s good for me might not be good for you, so have a look at the different guides.
Anonymous48
Rep:
(Original post by apples983)
collins > CGP. the collins books are much more concise and condensed, and they only tell you exactly what you need to know
Really, you are like the 1st person to say that. Did you get good marks by using those books instead of CGP's?
apples983
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Really, you are like the 1st person to say that. Did you get good marks by using those books instead of CGP's?
my grades have gone up a lot since switching from CGP to collins, i like them because they have lots of practice questions and the information is easy to understand, but thats just my opinion ofc
also collins books dont have those unnecessary stupid infuriating jokes like cgp does
Last edited by apples983; 4 months ago
activise_
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi,
I was wondering if you guys could help me out. So basically, I need to buy a revision guide for Triple Science (AQA) but I am stuck on which one to get. Our school hasn't recommended any to us. So any suggestions would be appreciated.
Many Thanks
Hey,
I used CGP when I was in school, more so because that is what everyone else was using. It worked well for me: I got 9's in all three at GCSE (I took mine in 2019).
If you are on AQA I'd suggested looking at the specification as well because it is more concise than any of these revision guides, you might have to watch a few youtube videos where you do not understand something.

I saw your post about geography, I didn't take history so I can't be much help there. I had the CGP guide but I don't think it was of much use to me because the specifics varied from what my teachers taught me at school. I'd looked at the spec and wrote active recall question and answers based off of it. Our school ended up giving us a massive pack similar to what I'd had and it was a lot more useful. I still have my document (it covers only section A I think) but I can email it to you if you would like. I got in a 9 in geography as well.

For science, physics and maths tutor also do great notes but just make sure that you are using these resources as refershers as reading is very passive and will not help with retention. I have a lot of advice on my instagram, I'll put the link below. Check through the biology highlight specifically as you can apply the advice to a number of subjects.
https://www.instagram.com/productivise_/

Feel free to ask me any more GCSE related questions. I got 9's across EBAC apart from in english langauge (7) and 3 A*'s at A-level. I'd be more than happy to help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads