The Student Room Group

Grades slipping

I'm just finding it tough at the moment. I really try my best but I have entered my second GCSE year and I feel that it has started to slip. I got my first sanction today I just want to get better but I don't have any motivation to work and I can't be bothered with preps anymore. I don't really like my teacher or not as much as last year. I just need to know how to get past this and does it actually get better?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just finding it tough at the moment. I really try my best but I have entered my second GCSE year and I feel that it has started to slip. I got my first sanction today I just want to get better but I don't have any motivation to work and I can't be bothered with preps anymore. I don't really like my teacher or not as much as last year. I just need to know how to get past this and does it actually get better?

It definitely gets better. y11 is really tough, you've got to grit though it sometimes. Try taking this weekend off, focus on clearing your head, and make a work plan on monday for the rest of the year. Ignore your teacher, self study, and ask your teacher from last year for help if you need it :smile:
Reply 2
Maybe you are burnt out or tired from academics? Taking a short break or an easy week should help, and to start enjoying your subjects or studying could shift your heaviness towards grades?
Reply 3
How about looking at past papers and seeing how much you need to cover before your exams.
Motivation is always a problem for us students, and at GCSE it's a lot of new pressure you're not used to. I'm not that good at motivating people, but I'd say get through this year and think about what A Levels you wanna take and I guess look forward to studying the subjects you're gonna enjoy
If you want it to get better, you need to do the work to actually make it get better. You might be tempted to say that your teachers are at fault, but if you really want to do well then you need to put in the work. What are you doing atm to revise for exams?

Quick Reply

Latest