The Student Room Group

Contemplating this all nighter

I’m really tempted to. I promised myself I won’t do it again but here I am. I’m worried this might be turning into an addiction. Is this normal in uni? I’d say I’m pulling an all nighter every week for the past month or two. I’m not behind or anything but just staying up will give me that boost which will hopefully work like a positive feedback loop and increase motivation.
Reply 1
All-nighters are fun :rofl: but it does flop your sleeping schedule over time, which isn’t great in my opinion. Sticking to a routine sounds better to do instead.
Reply 2
I suppose that it would depend on what works for you, if you’re confident in how you’re doing this then there isn’t much of a reason to stop.
Reply 3
Original post by wifd149
All-nighters are fun :rofl: but it does flop your sleeping schedule over time, which isn’t great in my opinion. Sticking to a routine sounds better to do instead.

I was planning on staying up until 10pm the next day so it doesn’t mess up my sleep cycle
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I was planning on staying up until 10pm the next day so it doesn’t mess up my sleep cycle

That sounds pretty disciplined to me already. How’d you get the idea to this weekly though? Don’t you feel “sick” for staying up and working through the night? I only reserve this for crucial and urgent moments, with the latter being why.
Reply 5
Original post by wifd149
That sounds pretty disciplined to me already. How’d you get the idea to this weekly though? Don’t you feel “sick” for staying up and working through the night? I only reserve this for crucial and urgent moments, with the latter being why.

It’s mainly because I have this study schedule. I’ve done nothing all day today and if I start tomorrow I won’t help but feel like I’m behind. It’d just cause less motivation and might screw things
Reply 6
Original post by wifd149

But nah it’s definitely not intentional haha it just happens so that every Friday I struggle to study for some reason
Reply 7
Wouldn’t it make more sense to take Fridays off and do work on the weekends instead? The fact that you have a study schedule means that you’re much better than I when I started university at first, so I wouldn’t worry too much about being behind schedule.
Reply 8
Update: never doing that again
Reply 9
Update: back at square one again.
LOL the amount of all-nighters i've done in my life is ridiculous, but you gotta do what you gotta do. In fact, i'm doing one tonight
Update: back at square one again.

Have you got an important deadline?
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
LOL the amount of all-nighters i've done in my life is ridiculous, but you gotta do what you gotta do. In fact, i'm doing one tonight

Do you reckon they have a long term affect?
Have you got an important deadline?

Yes, I’ve got an exam tomorrow. It’s not really an important one it doesn’t count towards anything but it’s just I only studies for 4 hours yesterday I have to make it up
Do you reckon they have a long term affect?

Consistent irregular sleeping pattern is a problem, yes.
But i don't think you need to worry about it tbh.
Back at it again with another all nighter LETS GOOOOOOO (sadness. Nothing but sadness)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending