Turn on thread page Beta

Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Which do you prefer?

ReputationRep:
    Pink Floyd. Just because I really don't like Led Zep, even though I'm a Yardbirds fan.

ReputationRep:
    Pink Floyd. Wish You Were Here (the album) is one of the best ever, and Wish You Were Here (the song) is one of the best ever

ReputationRep:
    Led Zep...

they are totally different though, you cant really compare them...

ReputationRep:
    Damn - toughie.

Pink Floyd are quite off the wall (oh god, what a bad pun) and experimental, whereas Led Zep rock is more just damn good music.

I like both and listen to both at different times. Elpollodiablouk - I agree. Wish you were here is an awesome song/album. Did you hear Wyclef Jean's cover? I actually quite liked it.

I voted Led Zep.

ReputationRep:
    Argh - what a hard question!

I love them both. Led Zeppelin were the founders of real rock really, and managed to do the whole acoustic thing pretty damn well too ("That's the Way", "Going to California," "Gallows Pole"). They were absolutely fantastic live, and just opened up so many opportunities for other bands.

As for Pink Floyd, they progressed from the weird, psychadelic fairy-tale lyrics of the Syd Barrett stuff to create one of the finest moments in rock history so far (the whole "Wish You Were Here" CD), and the disturbing, yet amazing, "The Wall."

It's a tough call, but I voted Pink Floyd. "Comfortably Numb," "Wish You Were Here" and "Have A Cigar" are some of my favourite songs ever written.

ReputationRep:
    pink floyd.

ReputationRep:
    Got to be Led Zeppelin, every single rock band since has owed a debt to the ground they opened up and as a band they were incredible.

Floyd were undoubtedly amazing, but Led Zeppelin were the best band. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazza_CPFC)
    Led Zeppelin were the best band. Ever.

*cough* The Beatles *cough*

ReputationRep:
    they are way to different and both are in my fave bands category, i prefer led zep though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)
    they are way to different and both are in my fave bands category, i prefer led zep though
    Very different indeed. Pink Floyd may have been more innovative but were really inconsistent and nowhere near as talented musicians as Led Zeppelin so Led Zeppelin get my vote.

ReputationRep:
    Dang! What a biatch of a question. I have to say Pink Floyd get my vote here though, just because I love that whole Prog Rock sound.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    *cough* The Beatles *cough*
    Beatles < Led Zep.

ReputationRep:
    Pink Floyd went for perfection and innovation in the studio. Led Zep went all out rock.
    I'm gonna abstain because its unfair on the other if one gets my vote

ReputationRep:
    Led Zep had some brilliant songs and IV is probably the best rock album of all time.
    However Pink FLoyd are better.

[Starts up great gig in the sky]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Beatles < Led Zep.
    that is *such* a load of bollo*ks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    that is *such* a load of bollo*ks!
    Oh come on - obviously The Beatles were awesome but I know that if I could only listen to one of them ever again it would be Led Zep.

I am going out on a limb here, The Beatles are overrated in my opinion. They are great and I love their music, but there have been better artists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Oh come on - obviously The Beatles were awesome but I know that if I could only listen to one of them ever again it would be Led Zep.

I am going out on a limb here, The Beatles are overrated in my opinion. They are great and I love their music, but there have been better artists.
    IMO no one is better than the beatles and no one will ever be :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    The Beatles were revolutionary, that does not make them automatically amazing. I personally do like them, however it's easy to understand that today music taste are completely different, thanks to the beatles not of the beatles (that doesnt make sence, but i'm sure you can understand).

Personally Led Zeppelin. Pink Floyd are great, but i love the more blusey rock feel to Zep.

Wow, I don't believe I only just found this. Floyd!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.