The Student Room Group

Gameplay with Baby Queen - Theme suggestions

Gameplay with Baby Queen is a weekly music mix from BBC Sounds, bringing some of the best game soundtracks together to form themed playlists! :music:

Now’s your chance to suggest a theme for Baby Queen to run with in a future episode of Gameplay! Want a playlist of 8-bit classics? How about a music mix of tracks from your favourite anime games? Share your ideas below and you could hear them come to life on BBC Sounds.

If you've not checked out any of the previous episodes yet, or want a reminder of the themes Baby Queen has covered so far, have a look at the Gameplay subforum here, and join in the discussion! :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
Here's my suggestion: Final showdown music. Boss fights, final dungeons, races against time to save the world, etc - games often save the most dramatic music until last, and that's what I want to hear. There are plenty of games that end on more solemn, or even upbeat and happy moods too, so it should provide plenty of variation.
@AngryJellyfish

Is it already too late to suggest soundtracks? 8 bits are my métier!

The Mega Man games are full of 8 bit masterpieces.
Original post by Kallisto
@AngryJellyfish

Is it already too late to suggest soundtracks? 8 bits are my métier!

The Mega Man games are full of 8 bit masterpieces.

I'd definitely be up for an 8-bit playlist featuring games and music actually from that era; they did have a 'Glitchy sounds inspired by old-skool games' episode a few weeks ago, but as the name suggests, a lot of it was newer games with a retro nostalgia feel.

There were a couple of Mega Man tracks in the most recent playlist, for International Women's Day!

Quick Reply

Latest