Can you waive your IELTS score at LSE?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I'm wondering how strict LSE is when it comes to IELTS scores with international students (I'm from India). I've scored 88% on my English board exams and have top marks in my Undergraduate English classes. Can I appeal for a waiver? Has anyone attempted this?

P.s I don't mind writing the test, it's just so expensive!
Crusty18
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm wondering how strict LSE is when it comes to IELTS scores with international students (I'm from India). I've scored 88% on my English board exams and have top marks in my Undergraduate English classes. Can I appeal for a waiver? Has anyone attempted this?

P.s I don't mind writing the test, it's just so expensive!
Did you got a conditional offer from LSE or this is just a pre offer questions ? Please can you specify your courses and Level of education you are applying for?
Last edited by Crusty18; 6 months ago
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
Unless they list Class XII as an accepted alternative to an IELTS/TOEFL, then they’re unlikely to waive.

As above, do you already have an offer?
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Unless they list Class XII as an accepted alternative to an IELTS/TOEFL, then they’re unlikely to waive.

As above, do you already have an offer?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Crusty18)
Did you got a conditional offer from LSE or this is just a pre offer questions ? Please can you specify your courses and Level of education you are applying for?
Hi, of course. I've applied to the MSc Gender (Sexuality) graduate taught course. I'm yet to get an offer, this is a pre-offer question.
Crusty18
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Hi, of course. I've applied to the MSc Gender (Sexuality) graduate taught course. I'm yet to get an offer, this is a pre-offer question.
LSE won't give you an IELTS condition if you have completed your high school in fully English taught and your bachelors in the same, including you have above 80% in the English Language in your exams.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Crusty18)
LSE won't give you an IELTS condition if you have completed your high school in fully English taught and your bachelors in the same, including you have above 80% in the English Language in your exams.
LSE have a published list of accepted countries where English is considered to be a first language. They also don’t list Class XII English here that I can see:

https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/G...ts?from_serp=1
Crusty18
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
LSE have a published list of accepted countries where English is considered to be a first language. They also don’t list Class XII English here that I can see:

https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/G...ts?from_serp=1
They also waive IELTS if you have studies in English Taught program securing a above 80%
gabriella99!
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hey! Have you received a decision? I got into the same course and would be nice to know someone already!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.58%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (42)
25.45%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.45%

Watched Threads