The Student Room Group

Advance information released for GCSE and A-level exams 2022

Poll

Do you understand how to use Advance Information for your revision?

The DFE and Ofqual are set to release advance information for most GCSE and A-level subjects for the 2022 summer exam season later on today. These are a list of topics that will come up in your exams this year, giving you the ability to really focus your revision.

We will be updating the links below as soon as this information is released. Simply click the links below by level and exam board that you are looking for and follow the instructions on the page:

JCQ Hub for all information and guidance.

GCSE

AQA
Edexcel
OCR
Eduqas

A-level

AQA
Edexcel
OCR
Eduqas

Things to remember

There will be a choice of topics in GCSE English Literature, GCSE History, GCSE Ancient History, GCSE Geography and A-level Art and Design so there will be no advanced information given around these subjects.

There will be support materials given in GCSE Mathematics (formula sheets), and GCSE Physics and Combined Science (equation sheets).

The same adaptation to exams will apply to GCSE English Language and GCSE Mathematics resits in November 2022.

In Summer 2022 exam boards will set grade boundaries that are based on the midpoint between the average of 2019 and 2021 results

As in any other normal year, exam boards will use statistics as a starting point to align their standards in each subject.

This means that in the 2022 exam season exam boards will set grade boundaries so that more students get higher grades in 2022 than when exams were taken before the pandemic began (2019)

TSR’s advice for making the most of the advanced information:

Don’t stress about it - if you’re feeling unprepared or overwhelmed, this information should actually help you focus on which topics to revise for. The exam boards are releasing this information to help you get the grades you deserve, accounting for the difficult educational year it’s been.

You still have plenty of time - Exams are still a while away, so no need to panic! You should have enough time to prepare between receiving the additional information and sitting the exams.

Be aware of the details - different subjects and exam boards may provide advanced information in different ways. It’s important to take the time to understand the information and topics for each of your specific exams.

If in doubt, ask your teachers - if you’re unsure of why any of these topics have come up, make sure you speak to your teachers. They should be able to tell you the relevance of the topics to your exams and the best way to prepare for them.

Make sure you revise thoroughly - as every candidate will have the same advanced information for any given exam, it's important to make sure you revise thoroughly (using the methods that work best for you). Having advanced access to the topics that will come up gives you an opportunity to be really well prepared, so be sure to make the most of it!

Don't totally limit your revision - Remember this is guidance to revision, knowledge of the whole syllabus will allow you to answer questions across the papers to the best of your abilities

We also have representatives from AQA, Edexcel and OCR on this thread over the course of the week ready to answer any questions you may have about the release of advanced information and the exam season this year.

Simply ask a question in this thread and
tag your exam board and we will try to get you an answer, either from the exam boards or our staff and volunteers on site :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not sure about other exam boards, but AQA have just released the advanced exam information for our exams. Personally, I wasn't expecting as much detail as we have. What do you think of them?
Original post by tashe7
I'm not sure about other exam boards, but AQA have just released the advanced exam information for our exams. Personally, I wasn't expecting as much detail as we have. What do you think of them?

Hey, I've merged this with our main Advance Information hub so everyone can find their subjects :smile: How are you feeling about your exams now you've seen what's going to be in your exams!
Reply 3
Original post by Evil Homer
Hey, I've merged this with our main Advance Information hub so everyone can find their subjects :smile: How are you feeling about your exams now you've seen what's going to be in your exams!

I wasn't particularly worried before, but this is going to take a lot of pressure off. I'm wondering if we will still get taught the rest of the spec as we would've before, if the topics that we haven't covered yet aren't on the exam.
Which exam board are you taking?
The Aqa advancement link is blocked for me
the info for english lit aqa a level is barely anything. :frown:
Original post by peepeedd
The Aqa advancement link is blocked for me

When you click through on the main thread?

Try here for me. Any better?
I was looking for a relevant thread but couldn't find any so gotta ask myself. Firstly, what's happening with the grade boundaries this year? Esp with biology when like a 60% was an A? Secondly, how are you guys feeling about the advanced topic list? Pls I need to discuss all this with someone 😭😭
Reply 9
Where did you get the info about grade boundaries from? When I read the document all it mentioned was the main topics in each paper (anything can still come up for lower mark questions) :frown:
Has anyone else had AQA block them from looking at the new spec? I found the geography one earlier but when I tried to look for the physics one, AQA blocked it saying it's part of their 'security policy'. What's going on??
Original post by GSCE student
I was looking for a relevant thread but couldn't find any so gotta ask myself. Firstly, what's happening with the grade boundaries this year? Esp with biology when like a 60% was an A? Secondly, how are you guys feeling about the advanced topic list? Pls I need to discuss all this with someone 😭😭

the topics just feel like it's basically everything
Original post by history_sweat
Has anyone else had AQA block them from looking at the new spec? I found the geography one earlier but when I tried to look for the physics one, AQA blocked it saying it's part of their 'security policy'. What's going on??

Hi, I've brought you into our mega thread for this so hopefully you will be able to get some help and to help other students struggling with the same thing, I hope you don't mind.

I can seem to access it okay, if you mean A-level Physics the information is here.
Reply 13
Edexcel maths is so vague... Basically the whole spec :/
Original post by _min_
Where did you get the info about grade boundaries from? When I read the document all it mentioned was the main topics in each paper (anything can still come up for lower mark questions) :frown:

20220207_101020.jpg here is the thing but im pretty sure its the same thing you read. Its literally everything isn't it, and other topics will come as smaller marked questions ughhhhhhh
Reply 15
20220207_101020.jpg here is the thing but im pretty sure its the same thing you read. Its literally everything isn't it, and other topics will come as smaller marked questions ughhhhhhh

God I should've dropped biology when I had the chance ahahaha

Moved you into the relevant thread :smile:

EH
Original post by history_sweat

Same happened to me but I saved them as soon as I saw them so... They'll probably have it back up at some point. But it looked pretty mean in terms of advice given... They may as well have given us the entire syllabus.
Original post by Eddie3294302
Same happened to me but I saved them as soon as I saw them so... They'll probably have it back up at some point. But it looked pretty mean in terms of advice given... They may as well have given us the entire syllabus.

try looking for pdf's I found they worked for me
Original post by Eddie3294302

Can you explain how you're accessing them. They are still working for me?

Quick Reply

Latest