The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

College choice question?

Hi!
I have an offer from Durham and im trying to figure out how to rank the colleges. My ideal vibe would be sort of cool and fun (lots of events, people going out) but still down to earth and not overly posh. Ideally i'd like a catered college. I've thought about Collingwood - my only worry is it's sporty reputation (im not sporty at all!!). I've also thought about Cuths but im not sure!
I'd appreciate any advice :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Funnnn
Hi!
I have an offer from Durham and im trying to figure out how to rank the colleges. My ideal vibe would be sort of cool and fun (lots of events, people going out) but still down to earth and not overly posh. Ideally i'd like a catered college. I've thought about Collingwood - my only worry is it's sporty reputation (im not sporty at all!!). I've also thought about Cuths but im not sure!
I'd appreciate any advice :smile:

From what I’ve read and seen YouTube videos for, I would say the 2 you mention would be ideal. I’m sure not every person at collingwood is sporty, they just have a lot going on sports wise, but it’s a big college
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Cuths is 75% self catered so you'd have to be prepared for that if you put that as a too choice.
Collingwood is totally fine as a non-sporty person. Yes lots of people do sport, but equally they have a big theatre scene and are generally fairly social so you definitely don't have to do sport!
I'd suggest maybe looking at Mary's, or Chad's if you don't mind a smaller college :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest