Biology 2022 GCSE

Watch this thread
LN_05
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Chat about how the 2022 Biology GCSE AQA Combine Science Paper 1 exam went here.

There’s significantly less amount of questions for GCSE Biology (other subjects have removed loads of content too, but Biology seems to be the most).

Does this mean that questions are going to be harder?
ElderFupaMaximus
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Most likely not. I doubt that there will be much change to the way GCSE questions will be laid out in terms of question structure and marking schemes. The government is still keeping grade boundaries slightly lower this year so I wouldn't worry about that. Good chances are that the questions will read just like any other exam question you've seen on your mocks.

However, remember that "Topics not explicitly given in any list may appear in low tariff questions or via ‘linked’
questions. Linked questions are those that bring together knowledge, skills and
understanding from across the specification," for AQA at least. Meaning that even though you do have advanced information, you still need to cover the majority of the course and you can't just ignore certain points of the specification because they may creep in here or there. A few marks can actually be the difference between a grade boundary so I'd focus on the topics listed by your exam board BUT still revise everything.
LN_05
Rep:
(Original post by ElderFupaMaximus)
Most likely not. I doubt that there will be much change to the way GCSE questions will be laid out in terms of question structure and marking schemes. The government is still keeping grade boundaries slightly lower this year so I wouldn't worry about that. Good chances are that the questions will read just like any other exam question you've seen on your mocks.

However, remember that "Topics not explicitly given in any list may appear in low tariff questions or via ‘linked’
questions. Linked questions are those that bring together knowledge, skills and
understanding from across the specification," for AQA at least. Meaning that even though you do have advanced information, you still need to cover the majority of the course and you can't just ignore certain points of the specification because they may creep in here or there. A few marks can actually be the difference between a grade boundary so I'd focus on the topics listed by your exam board BUT still revise everything.
Thank you for that.

Yeah so that’s why I’m revising everything but with more emphasis on the focused areas on the list. Every mark counts Thank you again.
oliviapope1
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
does that mean that we’ll need to go over all required practicals or just the ones that they listed?
LN_05
Rep:
(Original post by oliviapope1)
does that mean that we’ll need to go over all required practicals or just the ones that they listed?
Just the ones listed I presume.
oliviapope1
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by LN_05)
Just the ones listed I presume.
alright thank youu <3
LN_05
Rep:
(Original post by oliviapope1)
alright thank youu <3
good luck with other subjects too
oliviapope1
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by LN_05)
good luck with other subjects too
thank you, you too

i need to drastically improve in my english lang before it’s too late
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (3)
37.5%
As I expected (2)
25%
Harder (2)
25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
12.5%

Watched Threads