The Student Room Group

A level topic warnings

Hi everyone, so the topic warnings for A levels got released today, which is great, however, our MOCK lists were released 2 weeks ago, and one subject I take, such as RS, has multiple topics on the MOCK revision list, which I don't need to know for the real thing. I'm not sure how to balance my time now between the two lists, and whether to even bother revising for the topics which will not appear in the real thing. However, I know if I do badly in these MOCKs, on certain questions based on those specific topics, I will get stressed, because that's how I am. I really don't know what to do. Is anyone else in a similar position, or knows how to balance your time between the two lists?
Reply 1
A quick reminder that the advance topic notice covers the main topics of the exams. Others that aren't on the list may still come up (annoying ik), at least this is what it said on all my subjects. I'd recommend revising what will come up on your mocks but you don't need to put as much emphasis on the topics that won't come up on the real thing.
i do edexcel RS A level. the topics they released are all they are going to test you on (apart from synoptic links but even then can be used from topic list) it is a bit annoying but i think teachers still have to teach the full spec, otherwise it wouldn't "fully prepare people for uni" who may be doing this subject as a course.

Quick Reply

Latest