The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MSc Speech and Language MMU

Hello! I applied for the MSc Speech and language course in MMU back in October but still waiting to hear. Phoned the university in January and they have said they are still awaiting an interview date. Is anyone in the same boat? I’m a little concerned that it’s pretty obvious I haven’t gotten in.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hello! I applied for the MSc Speech and language course in MMU back in October but still waiting to hear. Phoned the university in January and they have said they are still awaiting an interview date. Is anyone in the same boat? I’m a little concerned that it’s pretty obvious I haven’t gotten in.

Hi!

We wil get back you as soon as possible with an interview date. I recommend you contact the admissions team again to see if they have any further updates on your application. Its a very stressful time waiting to hear back from universities and we do aim to process applications as quickly as possible. Please try not to worry about your application ( i know that is hard!) and stay positive until you have had an update on UCAS track.

You can contact the admissions team at [email protected] or 0161 247 5920.

Carly :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Hi, I am in the same situation as you. When I applied the website said to apply through UCAS but UCAS redirected back to MMU website with a downloadable application form and an email to send completed forms to. However, when I attended the open day I found out that they have been transitioning to applications going through UCAS so I phoned up and explained my situation. The lady I spoke to told me this has happened to many students applying and not to worry as it won't disadvantage the application. I still haven't heard so I did phone up last week and was told because of the situation with some applying through UCAS and others on the form via email they are trying to marry everything together such as references with forms etc. Did u apply through UCAS?
Good luck to both of us 🤞🙏🤞
Hopefully we will meet in September x
Reply 3
Hi, I am in the same situation as you. When I applied the website said to apply through UCAS but UCAS redirected back to MMU website with a downloadable application form and an email to send completed forms to. However, when I attended the open day I found out that they have been transitioning to applications going through UCAS so I phoned up and explained my situation. The lady I spoke to told me this has happened to many students applying and not to worry as it won't disadvantage the application. I still haven't heard so I did phone up last week and was told because of the situation with some applying through UCAS and others on the form via email they are trying to marry everything together such as references with forms etc. Did u apply through UCAS?
Good luck to both of us 🤞🙏🤞
Hopefully we will meet in September x

Hey! I applied directly with the form in the first week of October when it had opened. They told me on the phone that they switched to UCAS but they will still process my application as it was before the date that they switched.

Had an email on Friday inviting me for an interview tomorrow!!😱 nervous! I think they’re doing them in batches as I know they’re still interviewing for the Undergrad too. But on the invitation it said to accept through UCAS which I obviously couldn’t do so had to email them about this too. Hopefully it’s not like this throughout the whole process!

Massive good luck to you!! Hopefully you hear this week, they don’t give much notice so I’d start prepping! Xx
ooooo wow, good luck for tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞 please let me know tomorrow how you got on 🙏 also can I just ask you what the email was that you received the interview from or at least the beginning as I keep checking my junk folder but worried about missing it 😬 I keep looking for the MMU email address and the health email address.
thank you
and again good luck 😀
Reply 5
ooooo wow, good luck for tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞 please let me know tomorrow how you got on 🙏 also can I just ask you what the email was that you received the interview from or at least the beginning as I keep checking my junk folder but worried about missing it 😬 I keep looking for the MMU email address and the health email address.
thank you
and again good luck 😀

Hello,
Thank you so much! Not entirely sure how it went but we will see🤦🏽*♀️ The interviewer was lovely! And I was so nervous which didn’t help.
The interview invitation came from the email address interview@mmu
Good luck to you when you hear, relax and be confident!😊
Hello,
Thank you so much! Not entirely sure how it went but we will see🤦🏽*♀️ The interviewer was lovely! And I was so nervous which didn’t help.
The interview invitation came from the email address interview@mmu
Good luck to you when you hear, relax and be confident!😊

Yay, well done. I bet you are relieved it's done 😀 was it in person or via Microsoft teams? Was it 1 person interviewing or a panel?
Thank you I hope I hear soon 🙏 xxx
Reply 7
Yay, well done. I bet you are relieved it's done 😀 was it in person or via Microsoft teams? Was it 1 person interviewing or a panel?
Thank you I hope I hear soon 🙏 xxx

It was on teams and it was just the one lady! Very easy going. Was only 15 minutes too. Just try to cram as much information as you can in to it.
Got my fingers crossed for you!xxx
It was on teams and it was just the one lady! Very easy going. Was only 15 minutes too. Just try to cram as much information as you can in to it.
Got my fingers crossed for you!xxx

Aw that doesn't sound too bad. I hope it went well for you and you find out soon 😀
Let me know if you get in 🤞

Can I just ask you, do you already work with speech and language therapists? If I don't hear anything that is my plan b to get a job as a SALT assistant or something along those lines. X
Reply 9
Aw that doesn't sound too bad. I hope it went well for you and you find out soon 😀
Let me know if you get in 🤞

Can I just ask you, do you already work with speech and language therapists? If I don't hear anything that is my plan b to get a job as a SALT assistant or something along those lines. X

Yes I will do, you too!☺️ I’ve heard there is only about 30-40 places so I’m not feeling very positive!!
I’ve been lucky enough to have worked alongside SLT’s in my school that I work in and shadowed others too! That’s also my plan B xxx
Hey, does anyone know if MMU are still sending interviews out for the MSc Speech and Language Therapy? I noticed some people have had an interview this past week and wondered if we haven't heard it means the application hasn't been shortlisted or if they are still in the process of sending them alongside doing interviews?
thank you
Hey, does anyone know if MMU are still sending interviews out for the MSc Speech and Language Therapy? I noticed some people have had an interview this past week and wondered if we haven't heard it means the application hasn't been shortlisted or if they are still in the process of sending them alongside doing interviews?
thank you

Hi!

Our admissions team will be contacting applicants regarding interviews at different times, please keep on your UCAS track for any updates. If you would like an update on your application please contact [email protected] or 0161 247 5920.

Hope this helps!

Carly :smile:
Hi Carly

thank you for your reply, yes this helps it still goes me some hope 🤣 however, I cannot check UCAS as I was one of the applicants who unfortunately applied via an application form sent via email 😬 thank you I will keep an eye on my email 😀
Hi Carly

thank you for your reply, yes this helps it still goes me some hope 🤣 however, I cannot check UCAS as I was one of the applicants who unfortunately applied via an application form sent via email 😬 thank you I will keep an eye on my email 😀

I applied directly too!☺️ They got back to me through email. Good luck when you do hear!! X
thank you that's good to know 😊
Reply 15
I applied for MSc Speech and Language at Man Met too and I’ve not heard anything back yet either! I applied middle of Jan. Has anyone else heard back yet? 😊
I haven't heard back yet either 😬 have u applied for the masters?
x
Reply 17
I haven't heard back yet either 😬 have u applied for the masters?
x

Yeah I have! Have you? 😊
yeah, I don't know whether to contact them again 😬
yeah, I don't know whether to contact them again 😬

I’ve not contacted them yet! I wasn’t sure how long to leave it until… but it’s been nearly 8 weeks now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending