This discussion is closed.
ToshTrent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hello fellow uni peeps.

Just wondering do you find your attendance at University is poor? If so does it concern you that you'll fall out at the end of the year?

Cheers

Tosh
Mean Mr. Mustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i chose so-so...because i'm a dirty liar...

towards the end of last semester, i was missing 4 or 5 hours a week...
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ToshTrent)
Hello fellow uni peeps.

Just wondering do you find your attendance at University is poor? If so does it concern you that you'll fall out at the end of the year?

Cheers

Tosh
ive not been going cause i get scared in lessons :eek: dont ask why its complicated but i like the subject so doubt i'l drop out, although i have been thinking about it :idea:
ToshTrent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Mine was dreadful for the last two weeks of uni i didn't go in once. Oops

Only missed 3 or 4 days since coming back. So dreadful again!
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I go to Oxford.. virtually all my teaching's in tutorials, with one or two other people, or classes, with four/five/six other people! So I can't really bunk off much without getting kicked out!
Golden Maverick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm oxford also, and a medic so get more work than most uni students. I reckon i've done pretty well so far on lectures, and tutorials wise, as F.Poste says you can't miss them.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

I've missed one day on placement but that was because i had a chest infection and going on the wards wasn't a good idea. I made it up at a later day. I'm missing lectures on monday to take my grandmother to the hospital as well, but its a revision session. I'm too scared of failing when i'm there all the time, not going would make it so much worse!
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by F. Poste)
I go to Oxford.. virtually all my teaching's in tutorials, with one or two other people, or classes, with four/five/six other people! So I can't really bunk off much without getting kicked out!
thats like private teaching :eek: , there must be loads of pressure on you to listen and contribute to discussions etc
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
thats like private teaching :eek: , there must be loads of pressure on you to listen and contribute to discussions etc
You betcha.. got reminded not to daydream today
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You betcha.. got reminded not to daydream today
come to think of it there was only 4 of us in my sports science class at college so i understand the pressure, no time to sleep :hmpf: though at uni ud expect large groups
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
come to think of it there was only 4 of us in my sports science class at college so i understand the pressure, no time to sleep :hmpf: though at uni ud expect large groups
It's Oxford.. the whole uni is split up into colleges, so there are only a few students doing a particular subject at each college
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's Oxford.. the whole uni is split up into colleges, so there are only a few students doing a particular subject at each college
ooo..ok :p: cool (i wish that damn icon face would be a different colour pinks for girls) :mad:
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im normally really good but this week iv been terrible! i didnt go to anything on monday, missed one on tues, didnt go to one yest cz i had an afternoon nap and forgot to get up and er... im meant to be in a leture now! but im letting myself off this one cz im gna be polishing up my essay now which iv got to hand in today..
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Discounting illness and stuff like that... Ive been attending near enough 100% of my lectures... :angel:
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I basicaly attend 90% of lessons lectures, I only don't attend when I know its pointless attending because I either understand whats going to be taught or its just a tutorial for people if they need help.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:eek: Aaarrghhh don't wanna think about uni yet, still holding on to this last month of hols lol! Well whilst at uni, I guess I have OK attendance - whatever is needed, which includes lectures and all pracs/tutes of course, but that's about it. Wasn't that much into the 'meetings' unless they provided a free BBQ :p:
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ToshTrent)
Hello fellow uni peeps.

Cheers

Tosh
i only have tuesdays in uni so mine is good :cool:
Bezza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
From next week I'm going to have 1 tute a week completely on my own Can't really miss them!

Last term I only missed a few lectures - probably 1 by oversleeping and a few because it was pointless as the lecturer just read the notes he gave out. I was a few minutes late for the 1st one practically every day though!
trouttrout
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Very poor. Only 3 lectures in last semester, and am in stage two now. So really should try working!

Wish I'd gone now, finished exams today, and think a resit is iminent!!!
dazednconfused
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mine's pretty good - last term I missed 2 lectures and 1 tutorial, and only because I wasn't well. I have a lot of seminar/tutorial teaching where it's quite obvious if you miss it, and all our lectures are compulsory (we have to sign in) so it's generally easier just to go, especially as I only have about 8 hours a week.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads