This discussion is closed.
trouttrout
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I used to get ridicolous hours, like 21 a week! WTF! With seminars and long practicals on top! I miss 'em all! Now I regret it, we don't have to sign in see, so it's easy to miss 'em.

Soooo much easier jsut to get out of bed!
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I attended every lecture and class last year and failed. I hardly had any time to work as I was travelling too and from uni constantly. This year, I haven't attended a single lecture and I have so much free time to read books and work on essays.
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not too bad...I don't miss very much but I do have a nasty habit of not turning up to practicals! :eek:
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I missed 2 last semester. I've not missed any this semester, got 22 hours a week and most of my lectures are one after the other so there's no point just missing one, and no point missing 4 either. My labs and tutorials are all compulsary, and they like to sometimes spring attendance sheets on you in lectures every now and then, just so they get an idea who the regular skivers are.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
we get attendance sheets in every maths class (4 hours lectures per week and 3 workshop/tutorials) and they do say reasonable attendence is a component of passing, so i don't miss too many. i did miss an entire seesion (about 3/4 weeks) of psychology lectures cos i didn't like the lecturer, but i did all the reading and passed so it was ok

lou xxx
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Our attendance is monitored too, the reason for that is that if somebody gets 38% and the tutors knows they have attended every or nearly every lecture they will think they have made an effort and give them 40% - a pass. If a student dosn't turn up to any lectures and gets 38% they will not be sympathetic and they they will fail.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you don't attend lectures, you might get kicked out of the course. Don't understand why people skip them. It's so important.
ToshTrent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Yeh we have attendance sheets too, i've managed about 30% of the lectures so far, I'm really annoyed with myself to be honest, hard though when in halls. Either to tired or hungover!
ToshTrent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Bump.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads