The Student Room Group

Should I do french a level

I want to do french at a-level and I’m currently (somehow) getting 8s at gcse but I struggle with french grammar and listening and I don’t know anyone who has already done a level french to talk to about it so I just need some advice really.
if you like french and you think you would want to go further with it then sure! are you looking to do language or something related at uni? have a look at some french a level specs from the exam board you would be doing because i think languages at a level are more than just "learning the language" so youd want to make sure its something you want to do for 2 years
Original post by Spelunker
if you like french and you think you would want to go further with it then sure! are you looking to do language or something related at uni? have a look at some french a level specs from the exam board you would be doing because i think languages at a level are more than just "learning the language" so youd want to make sure its something you want to do for 2 years

I’m thinking of possibly doing law with french at uni but I’m not entirely sure at the moment
I currently do French a level, and have applied to study law with French law at uni of Nottingham (offer) and uni of Exeter (waiting) for 2022 entry. If you enjoy French, definitely do it. The a level is hard work but if you enjoy it, you’ll find it so much easier. It’s definitely a good idea to do French if you want to study law, as having a language (or a degree in French law- which uni of Exeter offer) really make you stand out to law firms where every other applicant is a grade A student. Hope this helps!
Original post by ceryyyssss
I currently do French a level, and have applied to study law with French law at uni of Nottingham (offer) and uni of Exeter (waiting) for 2022 entry. If you enjoy French, definitely do it. The a level is hard work but if you enjoy it, you’ll find it so much easier. It’s definitely a good idea to do French if you want to study law, as having a language (or a degree in French law- which uni of Exeter offer) really make you stand out to law firms where every other applicant is a grade A student. Hope this helps!

This was so helpful, thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending