The Student Room Group

John Locke Institute Interview

Hi all.

I was fortunate enough to get through to the interview stage of the John Locke Institute Summer School this year.

Does anyone have any tips for the interview and the course in general?

How long after the interviews will they get back to you?

Thanks.

G
Original post by gopniksquatting
Hi all.

I was fortunate enough to get through to the interview stage of the John Locke Institute Summer School this year.

Thanks.

G

Hey Gopnik,
sadly I can't offer any advice for the interview stage apart from the inference that it will may be similar to oxbridge interviews based on the strong link it has with oxford (perhaps obviously). I would however like to ask what gcse/a level (predicted) results or marks you applied with? Im looking to apply this year as well!
Original post by coxinator123
Hey Gopnik,
sadly I can't offer any advice for the interview stage apart from the inference that it will may be similar to oxbridge interviews based on the strong link it has with oxford (perhaps obviously). I would however like to ask what gcse/a level (predicted) results or marks you applied with? Im looking to apply this year as well!

I applied with six 9s and four 8s. My report has since grown to seven 9s and three 8s, though I don't think it would be much use if i did update them.
I applied with six 9s and four 8s. My report has since grown to seven 9s and three 8s, though I don't think it would be much use if i did update them.

nice marks! I was just accepted into the interview phase as well, and wondered if you had done your interview and if so what was it like/what tips could you give?
Hi all.

Thanks.

G

Hey, I have applied this year as well, best of luck!
Original post by anastaciaaa
hey guys, I feel obligated to urge you guys not to attend the JLI summer course due to its ridiculously high cost and the overall experience. I have attended the PPE school last year and felt that it was a complete waste of time and effort which could've been used to study for my A levels instead. Feel free to message me with any questions regarding the school, but I would suggest applying elsewhere. (I have heard of some great reviews from Oxford Scholastica Summer Schools).

Could you explain? thanks for expressing your concern!
just a quick question, is JLI linked to the oxford university or is it an independent organisation?
Reply 7
Original post by itsbhere
just a quick question, is JLI linked to the oxford university or is it an independent organisation?

It’s independent

Quick Reply