The Student Room Group

how to revise for a level law

I'm confused as to how I should revise A Level Law topics ie Contract Law, Tort Law.. I have an upcoming Law mock and there will inevitably be scenario/problem questions which I still have no idea how to structure. I really want to obtain a C but it's looking impossible for me tbh my exam board is eduqas (btw)
Original post by zohall
I'm confused as to how I should revise A Level Law topics ie Contract Law, Tort Law.. I have an upcoming Law mock and there will inevitably be scenario/problem questions which I still have no idea how to structure. I really want to obtain a C but it's looking impossible for me tbh my exam board is eduqas (btw)

Go here: https://www.eduqas.co.uk/qualifications/law-as-a-level/#tab_pastpapers and get the past papers and mark schemes. Have a look at how they structure the answers. Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by BlueChicken
Go here: https://www.eduqas.co.uk/qualifications/law-as-a-level/#tab_pastpapers and get the past papers and mark schemes. Have a look at how they structure the answers. Good luck.

Thank you! Any ideas on how to memorise the content and understand the concepts? I keep forgetting everything and I feel like before I do any past papers, I have to memorise the content.
Original post by zohall
Thank you! Any ideas on how to memorise the content and understand the concepts? I keep forgetting everything and I feel like before I do any past papers, I have to memorise the content.

I haven't done law specifically, but I'd do some past questions and see where the gaps in your knowledge are and make sure you revise those - also compare your answers with the mark schemes to know how to answer exam questions. I think it will be trickier for you in terms of past papers, in that there aren't many.

For revision, you need to do (and know) what works for you. Is it going through everything and making notes? Flashcards? Active recall type methods? Working with a study buddy/group?

I think if you can correctly explain the concept to someone else, you have a handle on it. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest