The Student Room Group

Portuguese GCSEs

Hi there! I'm a native European Portuguese speaker and am looking into doing a Portuguese GCSE so I can add more subjects to my portfolio and future applications.

I've been looking around and all that I've been able to find in regards to a Portuguese GCSE have been the Edexcel exams that are using Brazilian Portuguese rather than European. I'm kinda losing hope in doing this extra GCSE as despite it being mostly small/minor dialect differences, I struggle a lot more in being able to form sentences/hold a conversation that would make sense with a Brazilian Portuguese syntax.

If anyone is able to help that'd be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Original post by sootsblume
Hi there! I'm a native European Portuguese speaker and am looking into doing a Portuguese GCSE so I can add more subjects to my portfolio and future applications.

I've been looking around and all that I've been able to find in regards to a Portuguese GCSE have been the Edexcel exams that are using Brazilian Portuguese rather than European. I'm kinda losing hope in doing this extra GCSE as despite it being mostly small/minor dialect differences, I struggle a lot more in being able to form sentences/hold a conversation that would make sense with a Brazilian Portuguese syntax.

If anyone is able to help that'd be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

https://www.cambridgeinternational.org/programmes-and-qualifications/cambridge-igcse-portuguese-first-language-0504/

Try out IGCSE Portuguese perhaps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending