The Student Room Group

Achieving 4A*s - a year 13 gyg

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Liliette
I'll probably firm the O-town university, that I will not be naming (:redface: - my school forced everyone to apply, and I am starting to like it more but idkk). My insurance choice is probably Queen Mary's London?

Oh nice! What other med schools did you apply to?
Reply 21
Original post by Mxciej.j
yeah, the economics Edexcel one isn't too bad I guess but yeah business AQA is horrible lol, and yeah I've firmed my uni to do psychology, I love the subject so much and honestly cannot wait for uni but getting there is proving not very fun. My conclusion is something along the lines of I love learning but I hate school

I agree so much! I love learning about biology and the human body but the stress of deadlines and exams makes it so hard. I’m really looking forward to university too, as I’ll only have to focus on one subject and not 4 ahaha I can’t wait
Original post by 2D-jelly
Wow I haven’t finished any yet but I don’t think we’re that far off. We’re definitely the furthest off in biology though ahaha, my teachers are even considering not teaching some topics that aren’t on the advanced notice. Have your teachers said anything about that to you?

Same! We're currently at the middle of Topic 7 (I do Edexcel A), so only Topic 8 left to go. My teacher is hoping that we will be finished around April, and since Edexcel loves synoptic questions we're still doing the whole course (I hope OCR has been nice to you for advanced information though!)
Oh nice! What other med schools did you apply to?

Thank you! I have applied to UCL, Queen Mary's of London, Exeter. And my non-medicine choice is Warwick (Biomedical sciences)
Reply 23
Same! We're currently at the middle of Topic 7 (I do Edexcel A), so only Topic 8 left to go. My teacher is hoping that we will be finished around April, and since Edexcel loves synoptic questions we're still doing the whole course (I hope OCR has been nice to you for advanced information though!)

Thank you! I have applied to UCL, Queen Mary's of London, Exeter. And my non-medicine choice is Warwick (Biomedical sciences)

I hope your advanced information has been useful too! For OCR, even topics that aren’t listed could still come up so I really hope my teachers decide to teach the whole course. Have you heard back from any of your unis?
I hope your advanced information has been useful too! For OCR, even topics that aren’t listed could still come up so I really hope my teachers decide to teach the whole course. Have you heard back from any of your unis?

Same with our course! Edexcel does love their synoptic questions. I have an offer from O-town, Exeter, Warwick, and Queen Mary's of London. Just waiting for UCL! :h:
Reply 25
Same with our course! Edexcel does love their synoptic questions. I have an offer from O-town, Exeter, Warwick, and Queen Mary's of London. Just waiting for UCL! :h:

Those damn synoptic questions ahaha. Congrats on your offers!! How did you find the interviews?
Those damn synoptic questions ahaha. Congrats on your offers!! How did you find the interviews?

Ikr! The examiners love to trick us. :rolleyes:

I found the interviews okay, thank you for asking! Most of my interview was spent discussing my PS, the BMAT, and some pre-clinical skills/qualities I already have. :h:
Reply 27
Ikr! The examiners love to trick us. :rolleyes:

I found the interviews okay, thank you for asking! Most of my interview was spent discussing my PS, the BMAT, and some pre-clinical skills/qualities I already have. :h:

Oh I don't even want to think about my BMAT experience, I'm so glad it didn't come up in any of my interviews - but then again only one of my unis required the BMAT. Did your BMAT go well?
Oh I don't even want to think about my BMAT experience, I'm so glad it didn't come up in any of my interviews - but then again only one of my unis required the BMAT. Did your BMAT go well?

Thank you for asking! I can't remember my exact score but I think I got around a 6.5(?)
Reply 29
Thank you for asking! I can't remember my exact score but I think I got around a 6.5(?)

That’s a great score! Well done :smile:
That’s a great score! Well done :smile:

Thank you! I'm so sorry for taking so long to respond - periods suck. :redface:
Reply 31
Thank you! I'm so sorry for taking so long to respond - periods suck. :redface:

Ahaha no worries at all lol
Ahaha no worries at all lol

Oh right I forgot to ask - are you a guy or a girl or NB? Sorry if I made you uncomfortable with my reference to *that* time of the month.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 33
Oh right I forgot to ask - are you a guy or a girl or NB? Sorry if I made you uncomfortable with my reference to *that* time of the month.

I’m a girl (AFAB) lol so I completely understand! No apologies necessary aha
I’m a girl (AFAB) lol so I completely understand! No apologies necessary aha

Okay - thank you. I am a girl (AFAB) too! :h:

Are you doing anything nice for Valentine's tomorrow?
Reply 35
Okay - thank you. I am a girl (AFAB) too! :h:

Are you doing anything nice for Valentine's tomorrow?

It’s my brother’s birthday so we’re going out for tea but nothing in the traditional sense aha. What about you?
It’s my brother’s birthday so we’re going out for tea but nothing in the traditional sense aha. What about you?

That sounds lovely! :lovedup:

I'm hopefully going to FT my almost-boyfriend (it's complicated) tomorrow, since he lives in South Korea.
Reply 37
That sounds lovely! :lovedup:

I'm hopefully going to FT my almost-boyfriend (it's complicated) tomorrow, since he lives in South Korea.

Oo that sounds nice! Let me know how it goes haha
Oo that sounds nice! Let me know how it goes haha

Thank you! We're going to FT soon :love:
Welcome to my gyg blog! This is my first time ever doing something like this so hopefully I'll remember to update it regularly. The aim is to find some of my old motivation (I'll let you know how that goes) and to keep a track of all things study related: to-do lists, useful articles/websites, exam tips, etc. Happy reading!

My A-levels:
1) Edexcel Maths
2) OCR A Biology
3) OCR A Chemistry
4) AQA German

My university choices:
1) Newcastle - Biomedical sciences (conditional offer)
2) Newcastle - Medicine (waiting for decision)
3) Sheffield - Medicine (waiting for decision)
4) Nottingham - Medicine (waiting for decision)
5) Cambridge - Medicine (conditional offer)

Hiiii I’m doing Edexcel maths and ocr a biology too (AQA chem tho)
I’m going for med too but I’m a year younger (year 12)
Any tips?
Good luck btw!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending