Watch
This discussion is closed.
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
15/20

There were some obvious rugger buggers in there.
m66
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
First of all a lot of Americans r descendents from western europe, so are bound to look similar, but i can tell the difference between your average american and brits. americans tend to have better teeth (i no its a streotype) and 4 sum reason they always have cheesy smiles like theyre advertising something.. you can tell a common brit from a long way off (football shirt with a red tan from tenerife).. any way other than that it is mainly mannerisms and clothes that are diff
psychic_satori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by m66)
First of all a lot of Americans r descendents from western europe, so are bound to look similar, but i can tell the difference between your average american and brits. americans tend to have better teeth (i no its a streotype) and 4 sum reason they always have cheesy smiles like theyre advertising something.. you can tell a common brit from a long way off (football shirt with a red tan from tenerife).. any way other than that it is mainly mannerisms and clothes that are diff
"Cheesy smiles?" maybe americans are more likely to smile more broadly because they aren't trying to less than perfect teeth.
m66
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by psychic_satori)
"Cheesy smiles?" maybe americans are more likely to smile more broadly because they aren't trying to less than perfect teeth.
lol, not a bad comment.. but thers something about it, like theyre advertising toothpaste or summat.. i mean have u seen thos american adverts on sky,, they make a drama out of everything, although i love them!!! lol theyre soo funny
katiesado
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by psychic_satori)
maybe they're just happier too. brits are on average more cynical than americans.
psychic_satori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by m66)
lol, not a bad comment.. but thers something about it, like theyre advertising toothpaste or summat.. i mean have u seen thos american adverts on sky,, they make a drama out of everything, although i love them!!! lol theyre soo funny
But, you have to understand that to an American, those smiles are normal. Americans can just as easily say "What's wrong with the British? It looks like they're trying to hide something when they smile."
blissy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by katiesado)
maybe they're just happier too. brits are on average more cynical than americans.
I don't think happiness and cynicism are incompatible, or even directly proportional (i.e. the happier you are the less cynical, the most cynical the more miserable)
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jamie Frost)
A few friends and I were discussing in the bar yesterday whether it's possible to distinguish between American and British people, based purely on their faces. Hence I've tried to see if my theory works, and have made a small quiz which gives you a bunch of random American and British faces and asks you to identify the Brit.
Tell me how you get on, and give your own theory!

http://www.jamiefrost.co.uk/whosthebrit
I got 15 out of 20 correct....but yes i think you can distinguish...but that test is false as it is designed in a false way...a bit sneaky....its more clear cut than what the comparison pictures in that test reflect...more puppy fat! Harsh but fair!
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
16/20, that was interesting. i have to say i always thought you could tell
Natalie Lane
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
13/20
I thought I could - before the test that is...
Oziris
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
15/20

i think there is a slight difference between them..just cant put my finger on it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (159)
58.24%
No they should not (84)
30.77%
Abstain (30)
10.99%

Watched Threads