Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    15/20

There were some obvious rugger buggers in there.

ReputationRep:
    First of all a lot of Americans r descendents from western europe, so are bound to look similar, but i can tell the difference between your average american and brits. americans tend to have better teeth (i no its a streotype) and 4 sum reason they always have cheesy smiles like theyre advertising something.. you can tell a common brit from a long way off (football shirt with a red tan from tenerife).. any way other than that it is mainly mannerisms and clothes that are diff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m66)
    First of all a lot of Americans r descendents from western europe, so are bound to look similar, but i can tell the difference between your average american and brits. americans tend to have better teeth (i no its a streotype) and 4 sum reason they always have cheesy smiles like theyre advertising something.. you can tell a common brit from a long way off (football shirt with a red tan from tenerife).. any way other than that it is mainly mannerisms and clothes that are diff
    "Cheesy smiles?" maybe americans are more likely to smile more broadly because they aren't trying to less than perfect teeth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    "Cheesy smiles?" maybe americans are more likely to smile more broadly because they aren't trying to less than perfect teeth.
    lol, not a bad comment.. but thers something about it, like theyre advertising toothpaste or summat.. i mean have u seen thos american adverts on sky,, they make a drama out of everything, although i love them!!! lol theyre soo funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    maybe they're just happier too. brits are on average more cynical than americans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m66)
    lol, not a bad comment.. but thers something about it, like theyre advertising toothpaste or summat.. i mean have u seen thos american adverts on sky,, they make a drama out of everything, although i love them!!! lol theyre soo funny
    But, you have to understand that to an American, those smiles are normal. Americans can just as easily say "What's wrong with the British? It looks like they're trying to hide something when they smile."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiesado)
    maybe they're just happier too. brits are on average more cynical than americans.
    I don't think happiness and cynicism are incompatible, or even directly proportional (i.e. the happier you are the less cynical, the most cynical the more miserable)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Frost)
    A few friends and I were discussing in the bar yesterday whether it's possible to distinguish between American and British people, based purely on their faces. Hence I've tried to see if my theory works, and have made a small quiz which gives you a bunch of random American and British faces and asks you to identify the Brit.
    Tell me how you get on, and give your own theory!

http://www.jamiefrost.co.uk/whosthebrit
    I got 15 out of 20 correct....but yes i think you can distinguish...but that test is false as it is designed in a false way...a bit sneaky....its more clear cut than what the comparison pictures in that test reflect...more puppy fat! Harsh but fair!

ReputationRep:
    16/20, that was interesting. i have to say i always thought you could tell

ReputationRep:
    13/20
    I thought I could - before the test that is...

ReputationRep:
    15/20

i think there is a slight difference between them..just cant put my finger on it

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.