The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I got an acknowledgement from liverpool last week, but alas - still no offer and also no acknowledgment from sheffield! Hopefully they are just waiting for the application deadline before they give any more offers and have not thrown mine in the bin :smile:
Kiyoko
AHHHHH!!!! Happy birthday for ages ago! WOOO 18! did you get very drunk?!ive not been out in sooooo long! Im 21 in april.. god i shall be old and you shall all be young and i will be the old weird one..:unsure: haha. (that almost rhymed!)

Hows evrything going? Have people got exams and stuffs?! I had an exam today and it went AWFULY! but oh well... hopefully ill still get a 2:1!!

On another note.. is everyone here planing on going into halls or living at home? just, ill be looking for a house with some freinds and its just three of us and we would quite like to add some more people! You can get houses for between £50-60 a week some include bills some dont.. can be quite cheap realy if u get a good deal!

:eek: I'm sorry I didn't reply! I've not even been checking my own thread!
Erm, I did a bit :p: not as many people came out as when I originally thought, which kinda sucks. And I got ID'd :shifty: it was funny but at the same time I was proper gutted :p: 'Cause I don't have a passport or driving license :frown:
I've done my resits and Maths, still got Bio and Chem yet though. They seem to be going okay so far, but I'm a bit worried about the other two, oh well! :biggrin:
I'd love to live at uni tbh, but it isn't worth it considering I can just travel. I think I will in my second year though :biggrin:

Oladz
I got an acknowledgement from liverpool last week, but alas - still no offer and also no acknowledgment from sheffield! Hopefully they are just waiting for the application deadline before they give any more offers and have not thrown mine in the bin :smile:

Yeah I'm guessing so, you'll be okay though :biggrin: Heard anything else yet?
Reply 62
foundintransmission

Yeah I'm guessing so, you'll be okay though :biggrin: Heard anything else yet?

well, they sent a fee questionaire thing (which i think might be due to me being born outside the UK) that i sent back on saturday but nothing apart from that, but no news is good news (maybe :confused: ) :smile: oh and nice sig :biggrin:
Oladz
well, they sent a fee questionaire thing (which i think might be due to me being born outside the UK) that i sent back on saturday but nothing apart from that, but no news is good news (maybe :confused: ) :smile: oh and nice sig :biggrin:

Yeah that might be why. You'll be fine, they hand out offers like no tomorrow 'cause half of the people who apply will go and do optometry and leave places. And thanks :biggrin:
Have you looked at any of this nhs bursary stuff yet? Or any bursary stuff? I've no idea where to start :s-smilie:
Reply 64
foundintransmission
Yeah that might be why. You'll be fine, they hand out offers like no tomorrow 'cause half of the people who apply will go and do optometry and leave places. And thanks :biggrin:
Have you looked at any of this nhs bursary stuff yet? Or any bursary stuff? I've no idea where to start :s-smilie:

cool:smile: i downloaded a form to look it but its really confusing, its like an exam in its own right!
Oladz
cool:smile: i downloaded a form to look it but its really confusing, its like an exam in its own right!

I know! What about the bursary the government gives, how does that work? Maybe I should start a thread asking :p:
Reply 66
foundintransmission
I know! What about the bursary the government gives, how does that work? Maybe I should start a thread asking :p:

sounds like a plan :yep:
Oladz
sounds like a plan :yep:

*does*
Reply 68
The thread lives!:smile: Hey again.

Has anyone received an acknowledgement from Sheffield? Hell, do they even send acknowledgements?

The application process is crazy, it's been a long ten days :p:

I looked through the thread about the bursary, and I'm actually more confused than I was before. I'm reading that it's possible to receive both, but I'm gonna wait and see if I get an offer before worrying about that. :yep:

Hope you get your offer soon, Oladz.
Reply 69
rocketeer

Has anyone received an acknowledgement from Sheffield? Hell, do they even send acknowledgements?

I looked through the thread about the bursary, and I'm actually more confused than I was before. I'm reading that it's possible to receive both, but I'm gonna wait and see if I get an offer before worrying about that. :yep:

Thanks and i heard from my friends that have applied for other courses there that sheffield are not in the habit of giving acknowledgements, only offers and rejections!
rocketeer

Hey :smile:
I know, the bursary thing is confusing! I guess we should just wait a while and hopefully everything will become clear? :smile:
Where's your first choice? :smile:
Reply 71
I'd prefer to go to Liverpool, at leasr I've been there the odd time. I only applied for the two orthoptics courses, though, so, I don't have much of a choice, :p:

I'm with you on the 'wait and see' bit. I can only worry about one thing at a time.:rolleyes:
rocketeer
I'd prefer to go to Liverpool, at leasr I've been there the odd time. I only applied for the two orthoptics courses, though, so, I don't have much of a choice, :p:

I'm with you on the 'wait and see' bit. I can only worry about one thing at a time.:rolleyes:

Same, I'm not sure what to do with my sheffield offer tbh. I have no desire to go there and the entry requirements are higher anyway, so I think I'm going to end up rejecting it but I dunno. College is making a big fuss about it and apparently it's stupid to want to go to the uni with the lower entry requirements :rolleyes:. But I'm pretty set on going Liverpool tbh.
Yeah I agree, Bio and Chem modules this week are my current worry! I just don't wanna miss some sort of deadline for these bursary applications :s-smilie:
Reply 73
Can't see how it's stupid, personally, but then again, maybe I'm just a bit dim.

Best of luck with your modules!:biggrin:
Reply 74
foundintransmission
Same, I'm not sure what to do with my sheffield offer tbh. I have no desire to go there and the entry requirements are higher anyway, so I think I'm going to end up rejecting it but I dunno. College is making a big fuss about it and apparently it's stupid to want to go to the uni with the lower entry requirements :rolleyes:. But I'm pretty set on going Liverpool tbh.
Yeah I agree, Bio and Chem modules this week are my current worry! I just don't wanna miss some sort of deadline for these bursary applications :s-smilie:

While we're on the topic of extra stuff, what are we meant to do for the CRB thing cuz i dont have a clue. (oh, and my records clean btw :biggrin: )
rocketeer
Can't see how it's stupid, personally, but then again, maybe I'm just a bit dim.

Best of luck with your modules!:biggrin:

It's stupid they feel the need to involve themselves so much, I have to write everything down and sign that I have ignored their advice :shifty:. I guess I can understand in a way, but I'm not going to have an insurance now, so if I don't make my firm I'm buggered. :p:

Oladz
While we're on the topic of extra stuff, what are we meant to do for the CRB thing cuz i dont have a clue. (oh, and my records clean btw )
I know Liverpool do it themselves, did you go that departmental open day they had in Dec? You had to fill a form in with your details on and stuff, and they send it off. No idea about sheff though. :smile:
Reply 76
foundintransmission
It's stupid they feel the need to involve themselves so much, I have to write everything down and sign that I have ignored their advice :shifty:. I guess I can understand in a way, but I'm not going to have an insurance now, so if I don't make my firm I'm buggered. :p:

I know Liverpool do it themselves, did you go that departmental open day they had in Dec? You had to fill a form in with your details on and stuff, and they send it off. No idea about sheff though. :smile:

Im still waiting on my offers! (although liverpool did send me a letter saying id be classed as a home student - which i though was pretty obvious from my UCAS form in the first place!, oh well :smile: )
Oladz
Im still waiting on my offers! (although liverpool did send me a letter saying id be classed as a home student - which i though was pretty obvious from my UCAS form in the first place!, oh well :smile: )

Haha class. I can't believe people are still waiting. I got mine months ago >.<
Reply 78
foundintransmission
Haha class. I can't believe people are still waiting. I got mine months ago >.<

YAY, GOT MY SHEFFIELD OFFER TODAY, IM SOOO HAPPY :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Oladz
YAY, GOT MY SHEFFIELD OFFER TODAY, IM SOOO HAPPY :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Class, isn't liverpool your firm anyway? :p: You been invited to a departmental open day? I got invited to one but I couldn't be bothered going seeing as I don't even plan on going there. Congrats though! :biggrin:

Latest