The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
white people trying to sound ethnic = instant fail.

I say arsk. If you are white British you have the choice of arsk or assk, depending on where in the UK you are from - anything else will officially render you a bellend.
Ok. so who are the five idiots?
I say ASS K
ass-k. Brummie :biggrin:
Ass-k.

People from God's own county get it right every time with pronunciation :biggrin:
oh my god the amount of people that say arse k is truly frightening. arse-k is southern where as ass-k is northern, and the other two are like mockney slang.
ass-k ftw.
Reply 106
I pronounce it ASS-K
'ask'
lol i guess in ur phonetical poll, i would be 'arse k' :p:

only on saturday, i corrected my 8 year old cousin :s-smilie:
Reply 108
lol I say it more like "ARSK"....

:p:
I'm Black so it's the norm for me to say "axe".
Can i ARKS you suttin blud?
Reply 111
Äsk.
This thread is ftw!!!

I say arsk.

Too many people say arks. Its actually more difficult to say I dont get why people say it like that?!
Reply 113
Either "ahhsk" or "assk", haha it annoys me on TV when you hear people saying "arks" or whatever, I can't even say that! :biggrin:
Arse K
I’m Australian. I know these British words:
Ask is arsk
Bath barth
Answer in arnsa
Dance is darns
Anything with an ‘an’ saying ‘airn’, ‘arn’ or ‘an’ in Australia is arn in Britain. I know again is agen. I’ve heard a-gain, but I say agen in Au, I also say advarns not advans and dance not darns. I know Irish people say ‘ask’ as and ‘a’ short vowel. Australians say arsk, parsta (not Irish pasta) and more. Taco is tarko, nachos is narchos as in saying British ‘nah’ or U.S ‘na’. Donut I spell donut. Do youse?
Fast is farst
Original post by OliverDeBrisbane
I’m Australian. I know these British words:
Ask is arsk
Bath barth
Answer in arnsa
Dance is darns
Anything with an ‘an’ saying ‘airn’, ‘arn’ or ‘an’ in Australia is arn in Britain. I know again is agen. I’ve heard a-gain, but I say agen in Au, I also say advarns not advans and dance not darns. I know Irish people say ‘ask’ as and ‘a’ short vowel. Australians say arsk, parsta (not Irish pasta) and more. Taco is tarko, nachos is narchos as in saying British ‘nah’ or U.S ‘na’. Donut I spell donut. Do youse?
Fast is farst

Thank you for bumping this 11 year old (exactly to the day!) thread to share these pronunciations with us. :king1:

News and Current Affairs. :coma:
Go to to 5:32 in this DanTDM video and hear him say “they didn’t ask anyone, well they didn’t ask me”

Latest

Trending

Trending