R4V123
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi there, im really struggling with business a level exdecel. First year I was getting B/A grades now in my final year I’m getting C and today I got my assessment back and I got D. I’ve got another assessment coming up on 1st March. I have been struggling with mental health which could be a factor as to why my grades have dropped but I won’t let that be an excuse.

Please help if you have any tips on how to revise for business A level
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Hey there! Just to let you know I've moved your thread over to Business Study Help, I hope you get the help you're looking for!

MP
godemperor
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by R4V123)
Hi there, im really struggling with business a level exdecel. First year I was getting B/A grades now in my final year I’m getting C and today I got my assessment back and I got D. I’ve got another assessment coming up on 1st March. I have been struggling with mental health which could be a factor as to why my grades have dropped but I won’t let that be an excuse.

practice questions and look at the examiners report where there should be high grade answers
E.S
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by R4V123)

Idk what exam board you do ig edexcel. But hey I was in the same situation. The main problem was notes. The textbook was so long and the examples they gave were extremely long and I couldnt revise soley on that...schools powerpoints were lacking and we wasted so much time in lessons which was ok with me because I was lazy.

But then I found this guys notes online which are really amazing especially for theme 4 which was overwhelming at first. Basically print out this guys notes...read and highlight the textbook just to get a skim of whats going on...then read the printed notes of this guy and add onto it with a coloured pen for any extra useful info ig. I use different colour pens and highlighters for different topics so I dont get bored ig lol

https://www.stuvia.com/en-gb/bundle/...s-all-4-themes

EDIT: just make sure to understand the info dont *just* make notes but rehearse it...say it out loud and then ig do exam practice too but I havent started that stuff yet haha
Last edited by E.S; 4 months ago
R4V123
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by E.S)
Idk what exam board you do ig edexcel. But hey I was in the same situation. The main problem was notes. The textbook was so long and the examples they gave were extremely long and I couldnt revise soley on that...schools powerpoints were lacking and we wasted so much time in lessons which was ok with me because I was lazy.

But then I found this guys notes online which are really amazing especially for theme 4 which was overwhelming at first. Basically print out this guys notes...read and highlight the textbook just to get a skim of whats going on...then read the printed notes of this guy and add onto it with a coloured pen for any extra useful info ig. I use different colour pens and highlighters for different topics so I dont get bored ig lol

https://www.stuvia.com/en-gb/bundle/...s-all-4-themes

EDIT: just make sure to understand the info dont *just* make notes but rehearse it...say it out loud and then ig do exam practice too but I havent started that stuff yet haha
Hey I like the idea but I don’t really want to buy anyones notes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
29.58%
As I expected (22)
30.99%
Harder (25)
35.21%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.23%

Watched Threads