This discussion is closed.
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Since I have not had to get up for quite a while I am finding myself getting up later and later. I have already tried to counter this by skipping a days sleep so that then I can get to bed really early (10 - 11 at night), but it does not seem to be working.

Is there any other method that people have used that does not require such tiredness?
ScaryFairy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
every night go to bed 15 mins earlier and lie really still

if u get too hot turn the pillow
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by ScaryFairy)
every night go to bed 15 mins earlier and lie really still

if u get too hot turn the pillow
The problem is that when I am in bed I tend to play games, watch TV/DVDs or read and I lose track of time and usually end up going to bed at 2ish.
Sophdoph
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Make bed a place just for sleep..when you get into bed, sleep. Don't get into bed before you are tired or it will make you more restless. Have a shower/bath before bed and get into a routine that you can associate with sleep, like reading for 15mins then sleeping, or having a hot drink..something simple like that.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sophdoph)
Make bed a place just for sleep..when you get into bed, sleep. Don't get into bed before you are tired or it will make you more restless. Have a shower/bath before bed and get into a routine that you can associate with sleep, like reading for 15mins then sleeping, or having a hot drink..something simple like that.
Therein lies the problem, in order to either play my PS2 or watch TV I must be on my bed (it is a lot more comfortable than the fall). I did have a routine, it was called school, but when I finished 6th form I did not have any reason to get up, so my body didn't.
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
try dri to sleep and do some exercises just couple of hours before you wanna sleep,turn all the lights off ,and all kinds of electricity off before you go to sleep..
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Have someone sound a klaxon constantly at 7AM until you get up. Your body will get used to the early start. :cool:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.86%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (135)
38.57%
There's nothing they could do (105)
30%

Watched Threads