Original post by ilbab20
I got John Snow too!

Same, it was my first choice too
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Abzdot
Is it possible to change accommodation without any medical excuse?

It doesn't look like it, they sent me an email with this:

'No, we don't operate a waiting list or a swap system. We're confident that you'll feel at home in any of our colleges. We encourage you to get in touch with your allocated college to learn more about what they can offer.'
Original post by GVR14
Same! Congrats!

Me too!
Original post by Anonymous
I’m wondering this too, from looking at the website I’m not sure that there is though.

I could be wrong but i think you can only change them under medical circumstances, and this is even hard to appeal as most colleges are accessible for students with medical needs and disabilities.
hi got allocated south today and im doing psychology!!! anyone else?
Original post by Abzdot
Is it possible to change accommodation without any medical excuse?

Only other reason is if you can demonstrate a catered college would cause you significant financial difficulty in which case they may allocate you a self catered college (but not one of your choice). It's quite an intrusive process though from what I understand and many who apply under this don't get it (although I wonder if that's because people think it's worth a try to get their preferred college)
Does anyone know if Stephenson college wear gowns to matriculation, as I’ve seen they typically don’t wear them?

Nope, only time Stevo wear gowns is graduation :smile: (well or if you go to another college's formals and it's a gowned formal there)
Original post by euripideeznuts
I got allocated St AIdens, was my 7th choice so don't know too much about it but it looks cool! :smile:

Hey, me too !! It was my first tho, haha. What's your course? :smile:
Reply 187
Original post by wertyoi

Hi I got South too. Studying law
anyone else get allocated to van mildert? it was my 8th choice so i’m fairly disappointed but i’m sure it’ll be fine
Philosophy and psychology, I also got university/castle college as my top college choice.
Original post by wertyoi

I got south also :smile:
I just recieved my allocation to John Snow College for Philosophy and Theology. It wasn't my top choice as it seems like the college has moved around a lot and it might, therefore, not be the most secure place to live. I am thankful that's absolutely 0 risk of me having to share as I'll be 28 when the course starts and I'm sure that would be an awkward experience for everyone.

Well, I still have to finish my Access to Higher Education course. But, it looks like I'm pretty secure in going to Durham now. The other options are Bristol and KCL. Durham seems a lot more relaxed than both those places. If there's anyone that could alay any fears I have about Jon Snow then that would be great.
Hello! stupid question but do you apply for accommodation before or after college decisions? my friends at other unis have got accommodation and I’m stressing a bit! any other info as to how the accommodation works would be helpful. Thanks! :smile:
My son got his sixth choice, so definitely not given one of his top three!
Original post by callumtilley1
Hello! stupid question but do you apply for accommodation before or after college decisions? my friends at other unis have got accommodation and I’m stressing a bit! any other info as to how the accommodation works would be helpful. Thanks! :smile:

Hey, accommodation is done after college decisions, since you live in your college :smile:
Original post by ikarus03
Hey, accommodation is done after college decisions, since you live in your college :smile:

Thank you! I was really stressing because my friend who's got Nottingham said that nothing is left 😭😭
Is AAA too high for an insurance choice if Durham is A*AA? I do have another option for insurance that is lower but I don't want to go there.... advice would be appreciated.
Original post by wertyoi

hey! I got allocated to South as well, for Biology
Original post by BlissAndEnvy
I just recieved my allocation to John Snow College for Philosophy and Theology. It wasn't my top choice as it seems like the college has moved around a lot and it might, therefore, not be the most secure place to live. I am thankful that's absolutely 0 risk of me having to share as I'll be 28 when the course starts and I'm sure that would be an awkward experience for everyone.

Well, I still have to finish my Access to Higher Education course. But, it looks like I'm pretty secure in going to Durham now. The other options are Bristol and KCL. Durham seems a lot more relaxed than both those places. If there's anyone that could alay any fears I have about Jon Snow then that would be great.

I'm in John Snow too!
Is AAA too high for an insurance choice if Durham is A*AA? I do have another option for insurance that is lower but I don't want to go there.... advice would be appreciated.

Imagine if you had to go to the one with lower grades - if you would rather reapply than go there, put the AAA as insurance.
What are your predicteds? Are they realistic?
Student loan repayments change next year, don't they? Bear that in mind if you don't want to reapply :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending