Durham University 2022 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Just received a physics offer!
Not sure what my top college is :/
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Hi!!!! Got a conditional offer for psychology :smile: Durham was my top choice so I'm beyond thrilled. Just sent my college preferences too. anyone who's an offer holder for psychology feel free to message me we could add each other <3 . My top three colleges were John Snow south and Josephine Butler, definitely going for the self catered vibe.
Hi all,, silly question but when do we find out the college we’ve been given? Is it only once we make durham our firm, is it on results day or move in day etc? Just wondering :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by gracieex
Hi all,, silly question but when do we find out the college we’ve been given? Is it only once we make durham our firm, is it on results day or move in day etc? Just wondering :smile:

I believe it’s around May
Original post by gracieex

Hi @gracieex

If you've filled out the college preference form, and not firmed Durham, you will still be allocated to a college because you have a conditional/unconditional offer. If then later you decide to not go to Durham, they just give the spot to somebody else.

This year I think the allocations will be done in May so be on the lookout for an email from your college!

-Himieka (Official DU Rep)
Original post by beth_.xx.102
yes im almost certain it will be i’m just waiting to visit on the offer days before i firm it. Is durham your top choice? where else did you apply?

hey I've got an offer for biological sciences & I'm going up on the offer holder day aswell :smile:
hi! I've got an offer for Law with a predicted A*A*A*. For some reason they lowered the original req of A*AA and offered me AAA instead. My LNAT was 26 btw. top choice colleges are Chads, Cuth, and Hatfield.
Have an offer for Chinese, my top colleges are St Chad's, University and Josephine Butler :smile:
Original post by Amp242
I couldn’t find an offer holders thread so thought I would makHee one.
So make yourselves known and tell us a bit about yourself eg course, offer, predicted/attained grades, college choice etc

Hello!

I hold an offer for History and English Literature with an offer of AAB

My predicted grades on UCAS were A*AA

College choice: I still need to rank them but most likely Cuths or South
i also got a contextual offer and durham has now become my lowest offer. If it's the same for you what are you going to put as your insurance univeristy?
Original post by lightingmn
i also got a contextual offer and durham has now become my lowest offer. If it's the same for you what are you going to put as your insurance univeristy?

how do they decide whether to give contextual offers or not?
Reply 31
Original post by Anonymous

It depends on your home postcode and which school/college you attend
Reply 32

Congratulations! If durham is your firm choice and your lowest offer it probably doesn’t really matter what your insurance choice is. Just base it on which Uni you liked

I applied to Uni of Sussex in prep haha ... who offered me BBC anyways
Original post by Anonymous

A number of factors:
-Home address and the progression of students attending university there.
- Previous schools attainment
- Engaged in any outreach programmes like the Sutton Trust.

You will know if you are a contextual student anyways
Original post by zuparasite
Hi!!!! Got a conditional offer for psychology :smile: Durham was my top choice so I'm beyond thrilled. Just sent my college preferences too. anyone who's an offer holder for psychology feel free to message me we could add each other <3 . My top three colleges were John Snow south and Josephine Butler, definitely going for the self catered vibe.

hi me too! for both psych and self catered vibes. not sure if i’m gonna firm durham tho, debating between durham and kings but kings is taking forever to get back to me so may end up firming durham!
Hi everyone, I have an offer for Law and I've firmed Durham!
My predicted grades are A*A*A.
I really like Mary's, John's and Cuth's so I've ranked them at the top :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by isabel13x

Congratulations!
Original post by isabel13x

Hii, I have an offer for law too and just firmed Durham a couple of days ago! I've ranked Josephine Butler, John Snow and South for my top three :smile:
Original post by aahsksnsks
hi me too! for both psych and self catered vibes. not sure if i’m gonna firm durham tho, debating between durham and kings but kings is taking forever to get back to me so may end up firming durham!

ahh they took forever for me too!!! and I was so over it that I just withdrew my application to them impulsively and firmed durham hehe :smile: how's it going !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending