The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2022 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

If we apply to cuths, do we ever express that we want catered option on bailey or do they just pick it for us?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I want to apply to cuths but I DON'T want to be put on the parsons field? Should I take the risk
Original post by Anonymous
If we apply to cuths, do we ever express that we want catered option on bailey or do they just pick it for us?

You can express a preference but 75% of their first year accommodation is not on the Bailey so it's by no means guaranteed you'd get what you'd prefer.
Original post by Amp242
I couldn’t find an offer holders thread so thought I would make one.
So make yourselves known and tell us a bit about yourself eg course, offer, predicted/attained grades, college choice etc

Hi ! I just firmed my offer for History (Ancient, Medieval & Modern) for ABB, predicted AAA. I put St Aiden's as my first choice, and Trevelyan and Josephine Butler as 2nd & 3rd. I'll be living off campus in private accommodation, though. Hope to see some of you in September :smile:
Original post by ikarus03
Hi ! I just firmed my offer for History (Ancient, Medieval & Modern) for ABB, predicted AAA. I put St Aiden's as my first choice, and Trevelyan and Josephine Butler as 2nd & 3rd. I'll be living off campus in private accommodation, though. Hope to see some of you in September :smile:

what made you want to have private accommodation?
what made you want to have private accommodation?

It's just the choice that's better for me, due to some health issues that could be exacerbated sharing a living space - especially with strangers.
Reply 66
College allocations start today! Good luck everyone. Not sure if any/many will here today , let us know if you do
Reply 67
Good luck for college allocations!
Reply 68
What’s everyone’s top 3?

Hoping for
1 JB
2 south
3 JS
Original post by Amp242
What’s everyone’s top 3?

Hoping for
1 JB
2 south
3 JS

1. Johns
2. Marys
3. Cuths
Original post by Amp242
What’s everyone’s top 3?

Hoping for
1 JB
2 south
3 JS

I've ranked mine really similar! 1. JB. 2. JS. and 3. South :smile:
Lol
JS
South
JB
Hi! I’ve got a conditional offer for Bioscience (MBiol), I got a lower grade requirement because I did supported progression last year. I’m hoping to get into South college, or John Snow.
There’s a Castle and Collingwood submission on the google spreadsheet - do you guys reckon they are legit? I’m in a fairly big Durham groupchat and no one else has heard haha
Reply 74
Original post by Amp242
What’s everyone’s top 3?

Hoping for
1 JB
2 south
3 JS

1.JB
2.Cuths
3.South
Sensing a bit of self-catered theme here!
Hiya, I got an unconditional offer back in Jan for PPE for A*A*A (already did my A levels). Top college choices are: 1) Collingwood, 2) Castle, 3) Grey
Original post by Amp242
What’s everyone’s top 3?

Hoping for
1 JB
2 south
3 JS

1. South
2. JS
3. JB
Anyone logged back into the portal to see if they’ve been allocated a college yet???
Anyone logged back into the portal to see if they’ve been allocated a college yet???

The portal is down for me atm. Anyone else ?
Original post by Amp242
What’s everyone’s top 3?

Hoping for
1 JB
2 south
3 JS

1. Aiden's
2. Trevs
3. JB

Good luck, everyone !

Quick Reply

Latest