The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2022 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aahsksnsks
i’m international so i’m flying haha but i’m going to be staying in durham during christmas and easter break so hopefully i don’t need to move ard so much!

omds that’s insane i’m so excited for you :biggrin:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Blablu
Same! Having to go to Central London and then make a move from there. Hopefully it won’t be too expensive, either way, induction week starts on 26th September so I’ll have plenty of time to prepare.

looking at the pricing literally hurts !!
i’m definitely driving up with all my things for induction week but after it’s just trains :/
Original post by ikarus03
The portal is down for me atm. Anyone else ?

It’s still up for me
Original post by student3636
I've ranked mine really similar! 1. JB. 2. JS. and 3. South :smile:

mine is just like yours!!! good luck to us !! :smile:
Original post by isabel13x
It’s still up for me

Can you still see your ranked colleges or have you got an assigned college on there? I can’t log in
Original post by Anonymous
Can you still see your ranked colleges or have you got an assigned college on there? I can’t log in

They’ve removed the preference form completely :smile:
Reply 86
Anyone put Trevs first?
Original post by isabel13x
They’ve removed the preference form completely :smile:

Surely must mean something is happening
It means you can’t change your college preference anymore because the allocation process has started
I didn’t rank them and when I tried to change it on my portal there was nothing on there. Is it too late? Should I still apply? I am overwhelmed. I don’t like shared bathroom but other than that it’s ok if I get catered or self catered. I prefer en-suite
Reply 90
I didn’t rank them and when I tried to change it on my portal there was nothing on there. Is it too late? Should I still apply? I am overwhelmed. I don’t like shared bathroom but other than that it’s ok if I get catered or self catered. I prefer en-suite

You have 14 days from when they sent you the E-mail with link following your offer.
Original post by zuparasite
omds that’s insane i’m so excited for you :biggrin:

ahhh thank you :smile:
Original post by Amp242
You have 14 days from when they sent you the E-mail with link following your offer.

I got the offer from them in mid March.
Reply 93
I got the offer from them in mid March.

Ahh, you won't be able to change your colleges now, maybe you could email them?
Original post by bxcs
Ahh, you won't be able to change your colleges now, maybe you could email them?

Do you think I will get the worst accommodation from them?
Reply 95
Do you think I will get the worst accommodation from them?

No, it's not like accomodation like other unis and there isn't 'bad' or 'good' - every college is really nice but some are catered, some uncatered, some ensuite, some shared rooms, etc.

What will happen is they'll randomly allocate you a top 16 with your initial choice on UCAS as your first preference. If you can't get put into that college then you'll be allocated your second/third/fourth/etc. until they find one you can be allocated. These will just be random as you did not put in a preference list.
If you are an open applicant on UCAS then you will be allocated last, but if not you'll be in the first groups of allocations.

There is a secondary (final) allocation in August so if you can't go to your college for any reason (eg accessibility) you will be able to contact Durham to change.
Reply 96
Just drop this here since collingwood and hild bedes has started to release :
form: https://forms.gle/4AwfVrbqEtKh8tox6
responses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wiv7DeFyABgCRVecrIwfR86cyQ4sU-VJtLG5zYgu_jw/edit?usp=sharing
Just got first choice John Snow
any news on st. john’s?!????
Just got first choice John Snow

I’ve just got john snow too! What course have you applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending