The Student Room Group

Year Abroad

what unis in the UK are the best for getting to go abroad I really want to go abroad for a year to either America or Japan and was just wondering which ones would give me the best chance to do so.
It might depend on what course you want to do. I chose York St John and they have an excellent international exchange program with a lot of courses (linguistics, business, music, etc.) Aside from that, I think most universities do an optional year abroad depending on the course so I'd say it's best to look at the course modules on the website first :smile:
Original post by Trlex
what unis in the UK are the best for getting to go abroad I really want to go abroad for a year to either America or Japan and was just wondering which ones would give me the best chance to do so.

Hi there.

Look at unis international uni partners and if a year abroad with those specific unis is available for you to do on your course. You could also read different reviews about international unis and how students on your course found studying there.

On a side note: We also have very similar surnames except yours is missing a few letters of mine :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by petitechouette
It might depend on what course you want to do. I chose York St John and they have an excellent international exchange program with a lot of courses (linguistics, business, music, etc.) Aside from that, I think most universities do an optional year abroad depending on the course so I'd say it's best to look at the course modules on the website first :smile:

I want to do computer science and have been looking at unis that will allow for me to go abroad while doing it and the 3 that I have looked at are Leeds Beckett all tho I'm not one hundred percent sure that it does offer comp science students the abroad option as well as Hertfordshire which gives you the option to pick the course with an international year and the University of Stirling they all have partner universities in the US and Japan I'm just not sure which one would give me the best shot at getting to go.

also, thanks for responding thought no one would respond after the first day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending