The Student Room Group

GCSE subject choice

I am struggling to choose philosophy and Theology or DT? Someone said philosophy and Theology is like religious studies. It is very difficult as there is no absolute answer. Is it right? Is it really difficult? How about DT? Please kindly help
Philosophy and Theology is Religious Studies yes, Theology is study of religion
Which one do you enjoy the most?
Original post by Waynelam
I am struggling to choose philosophy and Theology or DT? Someone said philosophy and Theology is like religious studies. It is very difficult as there is no absolute answer. Is it right? Is it really difficult? How about DT? Please kindly help

Which do you enjoy more? DT will include coursework so less focus on the final exam. Read the two specifications ...
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Thanks for all your reply. I am not a creative person. If I study DT, I am afraid that I can’t get good marks in my coursework.
For P & T, some people said it is easy but some said difficult, so I really have no idea
Thanks for all your reply. I am not a creative person. If I study DT, I am afraid that I can’t get good marks in my coursework.
For P & T, some people said it is easy but some said difficult, so I really have no idea

the difficulty level is subjective, it depends entirely on you
I can't speak for philosophy as I didn't take it but it's likely quite interesting so that's fun, be aware that it's an essay based subject as well.
dt is very time consuming and stressful at times, but it is a practical subject which is fun ( and a break from other subjects , which is important) but it also requires effort in the long term and requires learning theory content which many find quite dull.

I did DT and I really hated it. the theory in my opinion is really boring and the coursework is very time consuming however I was quite bad at coursework anyway and my theory teacher was really bad. I do RS and I really enjoy it and find it quite easy.

Quick Reply

Latest