alevel poetry revision

Watch this thread
lucysian3
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
hi i have mocks soon and need to revise the keats poems and i dont know how to revise it. any advice?
LoverOfBooks
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Hey, I'm in year 13 and am also revising Keats poems at the minute!
What I've been doing is to focus on the tragic elements of each poem and almost write out the comparisons between them. So, for example, using setting as a tragic aspect, 'Lamia' opens "on the shores of Crete", which is known for tragic myths like Icarus. Whereas, 'La Belle Dame sans Merci' takes place on a cold hillside, where "no birds sing". I've found that making these sort of comparisons helps me to talk about the poems both individually and together.
Also with things like the ambiguity of tragic heroes, villains, and victims across the poems, and how each one compares. And then quote wise, for each of these points I usually find a short quote to write alongside it to help me remember. And then I'll get someone else to either read me the quote, and then I have to answer with the explanation, or someone will say the explanation and I'll have to reply with the quote.
But everyone revises differently, so you could also focus on specific themes within the poem of love or death and learn them that way?
I hope this helps!
lucysian3
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
thank you!! i'm sure this will help
good luck with your revision!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
32.5%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (13)
32.5%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
5%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
5%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
7.5%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
15%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.5%

Watched Threads