The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Which accomodation at Sheffield Uni

Hi, I've been diagnosed with ASD so don't partially like social interactions, I'm fine with flat mates but not interested in a social night out, I also prefer quiet accomodation as I'm not good with noise. I was wondering what the best accomodation would be best suited for me at Sheffield Uni and if anyone has any photos that would be great
instead of going into accommodation maybe find a student house, it would be much quieter and the people you live with will be in second/third year and might not go on nights out as much. but it’s up to you if you’re wanting the full uni experience in halls or not.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
instead of going into accommodation maybe find a student house, it would be much quieter and the people you live with will be in second/third year and might not go on nights out as much. but it’s up to you if you’re wanting the full uni experience in halls or not.

Thanks, I'll have a look into this
The only reason I was thinking halls as is the DASS recommend halls as there would be more support but I'll definitely look into it
Ranmoor is much quieter than Endcliffe- particularly away from the road. The walk is longer but is is much flatter than the hill at Endcliffe.
Reply 4
Ranmoor is much quieter than Endcliffe- particularly away from the road. The walk is longer but is is much flatter than the hill at Endcliffe.

Thanks, is there any particular accomidation on Ranmoor as when I looked on the website it said ranmoor/encliffe so I wasn't sure which was for which
Thanks again
Original post by Jess_Lomas
Thanks, is there any particular accomidation on Ranmoor as when I looked on the website it said ranmoor/encliffe so I wasn't sure which was for which
Thanks again

From the website: If you're studying with us for the 2022-23 academic year, applications to apply for University accommodation will open in March 2022 - full details available soon.
Last year there was an option to select which room you wanted to go into and after that time you were randomly allocated in Ranmoor or Endcliffe- you didn’t get a choice
Reply 6
From the website: If you're studying with us for the 2022-23 academic year, applications to apply for University accommodation will open in March 2022 - full details available soon.
Last year there was an option to select which room you wanted to go into and after that time you were randomly allocated in Ranmoor or Endcliffe- you didn’t get a choice

Okay thanks for the clarification
Hey, idk if you’re still looking for accommodation, but I’m currently in Allen Court and it is generally pretty quiet. There’s lots of international students here (which is great) but they tend to stick together so there isn’t really much of a social scene with home students. It is also very close to both the city centre and the uni ‘campus’ which makes getting to lectures and doing general sheffield stuff really easy. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 8
Hey, idk if you’re still looking for accommodation, but I’m currently in Allen Court and it is generally pretty quiet. There’s lots of international students here (which is great) but they tend to stick together so there isn’t really much of a social scene with home students. It is also very close to both the city centre and the uni ‘campus’ which makes getting to lectures and doing general sheffield stuff really easy. Hope this helps :smile:

Allen Court is city accomodation right?
Do you know anyone who lives in the private student accommodation?
Is it very different from the uni halls?
I saw many different opinions and my head goes crazy as from look and distance i prefer private accomodation but I'm scared that I'll miss out a lot
Original post by Kastre
Allen Court is city accomodation right?
Do you know anyone who lives in the private student accommodation?
Is it very different from the uni halls?
I saw many different opinions and my head goes crazy as from look and distance i prefer private accomodation but I'm scared that I'll miss out a lot

Hey, sorry for such a late reply; I’ve only just seen this! Allen Court is one of the City accommodations (alongside Broad Lane) so it is quite far away from the main student villages in Ranmoor/Endcliffe.
I know a couple of people in private accommodation and they seem to really like it! It’s also a great option if you want to live near the city centre as there are lots of private student accommodations near Allen Court and also closer to the city centre.
I would, on the whole, recommend the university owned accommodation because, especially in Endcliffe, there seems to be a fair few residence life events to get involved with, and you are more likely to find coursemates to walk to lectures with in uni owned accommodation.
I remember how stressful and overwhelming choosing my first year accomm was, so best of luck if you are still deciding! Let me know if you have any further questions :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest