The Student Room Group

Gates Cambridge scholarship

I got an invitation for the Gates Cambridge interview. I have to choose to go in person (in Cambridge) or online. Are there any differences in terms of the award chances between an in-person interview or a Zoom interview?

----------
Thanks all. I received a full scholarship from Cambridge trust recently.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
I personally don't think there is going to be any difference. It all should depend on your performance in the interview, regardless of how this interview is conducted, either online or offline.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by flora9797
I got an invitation for the Gates Cambridge interview. I have to choose to go in person (in Cambridge) or online. Are there any differences in terms of the award chances between an in-person interview or a Zoom interview?

Congratulations for the interview invite !!! I wasn't aware they were sending out invites so quick, the timeline page on the Gates website mentions the date for hearing the Gates outcome as March 04. What programme did you apply to (Master's/ PhD)?

I don't think it matters, but i think l’d prefer in-person. It would be easier to read the room, adapt to the energy of your interviewers and hopefully modify your approach. You also get the benefit of a day out in Cambridge. Good luck
Anyone else received an interview? are they rolling those out all at once or just over a couple weeks?
Hi! Congrats on an interview invitation! I'm puzzled though as I thought they wouldn't do interviews this year? If you mind me asking, are you a US or a non-US applicant? :smile:
Reply 6
Hi. Thank you for sharing this!
Have anyone else been invited for the Gate interviews?
Reply 7
How was the interview
Reply 8
Any update on when Gates Cambridge scholarship final results will be out
Reply 9

----------
Thanks all. I received a full scholarship from Cambridge trust recently.

Any updates on gates Cambridge scholarship results..are the results out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending