The Student Room Group

LMH Oxford Foundation Year 2022 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RSADH
What subject did u apply for and did u get shortlisted? If u don’t mind me asking.

Earlier in the thread, they specified PPE.
Original post by RSADH
Lol the suspense is killing me. He/she just left that comment and disappeared.

Hahaha they created some real suspense, I
hope everything is well with them. Hey person if you are reading this, I hope you got the email you were hoping for. If not, rejection is redirection. It’s really competitive, don’t feel disheartened. Rejections happen to the best of us.
Hey did everyone get an email? I still haven’t received anything and I’m getting quite worried 😬
Original post by Riri2121
Hey did everyone get an email? I still haven’t received anything and I’m getting quite worried 😬

I haven’t had an email yet.
Original post by michael_revision
I haven’t had an email yet.

What subject did u apply for? I applied for Physics
What subject did u apply for? I applied for Physics

I applied for english.
Original post by michael_revision
I applied for english.

Okay. Good luck 🙂
Original post by RSADH
Anyone heard anything yet?

nothing yet, its starting to look like we won't find out today ....
Original post by 320ma22
nothing yet, its starting to look like we won't find out today ....

Yeah I haven’t heard anything back either. Oh well I guess it’s gonna be another sleepless night…
Anyone heard anything yet?
I got an email - they are still in the shortlisting process so we will find out soon :smile:
Wow this defo makes this year was really competitive. I was hoping with the introduction of the Cambridge one, there would be less applicants!
Original post by yaziiiiii
Got this email

Same
Original post by RSADH
Does anyone know how competitive maths was in the past cycles?

Last year maths and PPE applicants heard back early so you should be hearing from them soon (within this week). As for competitiveness, I think for the 2016 cohort there were something like 90 applicants out of which 40 were interviewed and 10 got offers. This was when the course was just starting out though– now there are around 300 applicants (maybe more this year). Idk if they only interview 40 people or if they interview nearly half of all applicants but every year there are only around 10 places. Good luck either way!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by RSADH
Thank you. Hopefully, I just want to hear back by the end of this week lol, I don't think I can wait any longer. Good luck to you too!

same I just wanna know already so I can either cry or cry !!! good luck to everyone tho :smile:
Original post by RSADH
If you don’t mind me asking, what did you include in your essay? Did you mention a lot of super curricular activities? Kinda worried because I feel I didn’t put enough in mine as I decided to apply to this programme very late so there wasn’t a lot of time.

I didn't write about many super curricular activities, mainly just what I enjoyed abt maths really. dw I decided to apply late as well :smile:
Last year maths and PPE applicants heard back early so you should be hearing from them soon (within this week). As for competitiveness, I think for the 2016 cohort there were something like 90 applicants out of which 40 were interviewed and 10 got offers. This was when the course was just starting out though– now there are around 300 applicants (maybe more this year). Idk if they only interview 40 people or if they interview nearly half of all applicants but every year there are only around 10 places. Good luck either way!

I think that only 7 people are interviewed per subject (from what last year’s applicants were saying). So if every subject has a similar number of applicants, chances of getting an interview is ~20% (less for more competitive courses and more for less competitive ones). Anyone heard anything back yet?
(edited 2 years ago)
I think that only 7 people are interviewed per subject (from what last year’s applicants were saying). So if every subject has a similar number of applicants, chances of getting an interview is ~20% (less for more competitive courses and more for less competitive ones). Anyone heard anything back yet?

Haven't heard anything yet :frown: But the lady whom i emailed said that we should be expecting an email regardless of whether we get in or rejected and we should be prepared to wait a fortnight for decisions.
Hai~
Good luck to everyone that has applied!
I was just wondering if anyone has heard back yet?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending