The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham English Applicants 2022

Hi! Has anyone else applied for English Literature at Durham for September 2022 start?

I’d love to hear if anyone’s planning on going or has an offer yet, i’m still waiting :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ambertait
Hi! Has anyone else applied for English Literature at Durham for September 2022 start?

I’d love to hear if anyone’s planning on going or has an offer yet, i’m still waiting :smile:

Hi so there’s a Durham applicants 2022 thread already if you want to look it up. You can ask people on there if they have offers for English etc as I believe most people look at that. There’s also an offer holders thread for people with offers if that hopefully ends up being you!!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Maximus55
Hi so there’s a Durham applicants 2022 thread already if you want to look it up. You can ask people on there if they have offers for English etc as I believe most people look at that. There’s also an offer holders thread for people with offers if that hopefully ends up being you!!

I’m keen on meeting people who are doing english, so i’m going to try and use this :smile:
I’m keen on meeting people who are doing english, so i’m going to try and use this :smile:

Yeah no problem, maybe just put a thing in the other thread to let people know and you’ll probably get a couple people come over here from it!! Good luck!!

Hi I’m still waiting. Waiting for Durham to reply because I’d like to visit before I choose my firm/insurance. Taking a while though! Is Durham your first choice? Where else have u applied? Also does anyone know if Durham give out reduced offers for EPQ??
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I’m still waiting. Waiting for Durham to reply because I’d like to visit before I choose my firm/insurance. Taking a while though! Is Durham your first choice? Where else have u applied? Also does anyone know if Durham give out reduced offers for EPQ??

Yes durham is my first choice! I applied last year and didn’t get a reduced offer for EPQ which I got an A in, they don’t really tend to consider it. My offer last year was reduced contextually with AAA but I was doing a different course - I got in as I got three A*’s but am now reapplying to do English.

I’ve also applied to Warwick, Liverpool and St. andrews :smile:
Yes durham is my first choice! I applied last year and didn’t get a reduced offer for EPQ which I got an A in, they don’t really tend to consider it. My offer last year was reduced contextually with AAA but I was doing a different course - I got in as I got three A*’s but am now reapplying to do English.

I’ve also applied to Warwick, Liverpool and St. andrews :smile:

How come you’re reapplying? Did you take a gap year?
I’m applying for English, it’s definitely my top choice and I’m still waiting! I’m on a gap year as well!
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
How come you’re reapplying? Did you take a gap year?

It’s a very long story…I’m applying for english now but was doing English and history before changing last year. Long story short, the admissions team at Durham saidI had never accepted my place when in reality I did. They said I was the victim of a technical glitch and that I could defer but I chose to reapply as at the time it completely put me off Durham as I was appalled at their administration. After some thought, I still want to go despite this as the quality of education is so good and I really do love it there as my girlfriend and close friends go. It was a terrible incident but i’m still wanting to go there:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by BeccaSX_x
I’m applying for English, it’s definitely my top choice and I’m still waiting! I’m on a gap year as well!

really!! Is there anyway you’d like to chat? I really want to know some people who will be going :smile: xx
It’s a very long story…I’m applying for english now but was doing English and history before changing last year. Long story short, the admissions team at Durham saidI had never accepted my place when in reality I did. They said I was the victim of a technical glitch and that I could defer but I chose to reapply as at the time it completely put me off Durham as I was appalled at their administration. After some thought, I still want to go despite this as the quality of education is so good and I really do love it there as my girlfriend and close friends go. It was a terrible incident but i’m still wanting to go there:smile:

Oh wow! That’s awful but I understand why you’ve reapplied. Well done for not letting that put you off completely!

Is it okay to ask why you switched from History and English to English?

Has anyone heard back from Durham for English yet? I’m a History and English applicant and applied in October but I’ve got nothing, it seems that the history offers are rolling out but English I’m unsure about
Reply 13
english applicant here - heard nothing at all so far other than an email saying it could be MAY when i hear from them!!! did anyone
else get this email?
Original post by ACG25
english applicant here - heard nothing at all so far other than an email saying it could be MAY when i hear from them!!! did anyone
else get this email?

when did the email come through? I had one of them but it wasn't today. I am waiting for English too
Reply 15
Email sent around three weeks ago.
Ok I got that one then too
I can’t get over them saying ‘we aim to’ get back to you by the deadline! Aim to! Really? Sheeesh

Hi! Just wondering if you know people at Durham have you heard anything about John Snow and Josephine Butler colleges there? Well done for reapplying too- I've gathered from this year with the amount of applicants still waiting that their admissions is quite unreliable! :/
Reply 19
Hi, I applied for English in November and still haven’t heard a thing, haven’t even had one of the pity emails for months. Slightly losing hope but never mind! Anyone heard anything?

Quick Reply