The Student Room Group

GCSE German Study Group 2021-2022

Poll

Which exam board are you taking?

Welcome to the GCSE German Study Group!

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your GCSE exams this summer.

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for!

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications and Advance Information:

AQA Spec // AQA Advance Information

Edexcel Spec // Edexcel Advance Information

Eduqas Spec // Eduqas Advance Information

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi there!
In terms of German I am quite confident. I would probably say it is my best subject. I’m doing the aqa exam. I have my German speaking on the 20th of April and I would like to get a 9 :smile: how abt y’all?
Reply 2
how are u revising for german writing?? I kinda need to do amazing in this one, reading and listening was so so bad :frown:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by niki763
how are u revising for german writing?? I kinda need to do amazing in this one, reading and listening was so so bad :frown:

I would choose like 4/6 topics on the advanced info and just prep some good sentences. Although technology is kinda annoying, im probs doing that one as it’s quite predictable in what they can ask. Also make a list of 15 amazing adjectives you can use for most things (good and bad) e.g ausgezeichnet or sheußlich
Reply 4
Original post by Yas101
I would choose like 4/6 topics on the advanced info and just prep some good sentences. Although technology is kinda annoying, im probs doing that one as it’s quite predictable in what they can ask. Also make a list of 15 amazing adjectives you can use for most things (good and bad) e.g ausgezeichnet or sheußlich

Original post by niki763

Also I found the German reading and listening pretty hard as well so the grade boundaries are probs lower as a lot of ppl struggled
How do you think we should use the advance information for writing? Because it says theres optionality so we wouldn't have to learn all of the topics on that info right?
Reply 6
Original post by Yas101
Also I found the German reading and listening pretty hard as well so the grade boundaries are probs lower as a lot of ppl struggled

yh i hope so, thats wht im relying on
Original post by zefter1234
How do you think we should use the advance information for writing? Because it says theres optionality so we wouldn't have to learn all of the topics on that info right?

hey do you know if we can use what we have written for our 90 word task for the 150 words but just extend it again?
Original post by hopingforlife
hey do you know if we can use what we have written for our 90 word task for the 150 words but just extend it again?

I think you can but what do you exactly mean? The questions for the 90worder and the 150worder would be different so if you just copied your 90 word and then extended it you wouldn't be answering the question.
Original post by zefter1234
I think you can but what do you exactly mean? The questions for the 90worder and the 150worder would be different so if you just copied your 90 word and then extended it you wouldn't be answering the question.

well because the themes would be the same so there isnt that many different things they can ask for each theme so you would have to use the same stuff and vocab so surely you would be able to reuse your answers.
i dont know if that made it any clearer
well because the themes would be the same so there isnt that many different things they can ask for each theme so you would have to use the same stuff and vocab so surely you would be able to reuse your answers.
i dont know if that made it any clearer

How do you know that the themes for the 90 word and 150 word will be the same and also there are subtopics in the themes.
(Original post by zefter1234)How do you know that the themes for the 90 word and 150 word will be the same and also there are subtopics in the themes.

on the pre release stuff it says
There will be an additional option for question 1 (numbered in the question paper as question 1.3) and question 2 (numbered in the question paper as question 2.3). In each case, you will need to answer one question from a choice of three:

Theme 1 - Identity and culture

Topic 2 - Technology in everyday life
Topic 3 - Free-time activities
Theme 2 - Local, national, international and global areas of interest

Topic 1 - Home, town, neighbourhood and region
Topic 2 - Travel and tourism
Theme 3 - Current and future study and employment

Topic 2 - Life at school/college
Topic 3 - Education post-16
Topic 4 - Jobs, career choices and ambitions

so this means that there will be a choice of each theme for each question and so say i chose to write about theme one then i would write stuff for either technology or free time activities and so if for the 150 word i also chose this theme it would be the same two points
(Original post by zefter1234)How do you know that the themes for the 90 word and 150 word will be the same and also there are subtopics in the themes.

There will be an additional option for question 1 (numbered in the question paper as question 1.3) and question 2 (numbered in the question paper as question 2.3). In each case, you will need to answer one question from a choice of three:

so this means that there will be a choice of each theme for each question and so say i chose to write about theme one then i would write stuff for either technology or free time activities and so if for the 150 word i also chose this theme it would be the same two points

does that mean we can just learn 1 theme properly to make it easier

Do you get to choose from the topics would that mean that I dont have to revise every topic on the advanced info
yeah, so for each question for aqa there is a choice of three questions to answer, one on each theme and you can pick your favourite. so i'm only revising theme 2 because thats my favourite and learning some good sentences.
how did everyones exam go?
how did everyones exam go?

i know but i dont care cuz now im kissing german goodbye i just beg i get a 7 but its out of my hands

Quick Reply

Latest