The Student Room Group

Geography NEA conclusion

How long should the conclusion be?How can I cut down on the numbers of words if its over 4000 words long?
make notes
Unless you mean your conclusion is 4,000 words, but I thought there was no upper word limit, only 4,000 as a suggested minimum?
Reply 3
I would probably suggest in the region of 2,000-3,000 words. You want to include:
- A summary of the main findings of your investigation. What were the trends / patterns in the data (any statistical significance?), what did you actually end up measuring / observing / recording?
- Reflections on your hypothesis and key questions. Was your hypothesis right / correct, were your key question answerable - why or why not, what was successful or relevant and what turned out to not be relevant?
- How successful or appropriate were your methods to collect the data, and how successful or informative was the data you collected in answering your questions? Were any literatures / theories / models you researched helpful in answering these?
- Did you have to change or tweak any of your methods, or would you do something differently? Could you have improved or defined your methods further? What limitations / setbacks did you encounter and why?
- What are the limitations of critiques of your overall investigation? Think about issues of scale, time, access to resources or land, financing etc.
- And finally, what are the wider geographical connections or connotations of your study? Any ideas for potential future studies or ideas? (Just a few sentences at most).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending