The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

The Accommodation

In Accommodation, are students able to option for catered accommodation in en-suite rooms? (Burma for example).If not, can first year students live in St Elizabeth accommodation for their entire 3 years at university?
Original post by Nivina
In Accommodation, are students able to option for catered accommodation in en-suite rooms? (Burma for example).If not, can first year students live in St Elizabeth accommodation for their entire 3 years at university?

It is possible for students who are living in any type of accommodation to purchase a catering pass at an additional cost. Catering passes are available in 3 different ties which offer from 10 - 21 meals a week. All students in catered accommodation are automatically provided catering package 2 on their student ID card.

Usually it is not possible for a student to live in the on campus accommodation for all 3 years of study, for most students we only offer accommodation for their first year of study, unless they meet certain conditions. As I mentioned above though, it is possible to purchase a catering pass where ever you are living and for any year of study.
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Reply 2
Original post by University of Winchester
It is possible for students who are living in any type of accommodation to purchase a catering pass at an additional cost. Catering passes are available in 3 different ties which offer from 10 - 21 meals a week. All students in catered accommodation are automatically provided catering package 2 on their student ID card.

Usually it is not possible for a student to live in the on campus accommodation for all 3 years of study, for most students we only offer accommodation for their first year of study, unless they meet certain conditions. As I mentioned above though, it is possible to purchase a catering pass where ever you are living and for any year of study.

Thank you, I’m just wondering if a student has special needs or a mental illness (cerebral palsy for example) would that make the student be able to stay at campus accommodation for all three years of study?

Thanks.
Original post by Nivina
Thank you, I’m just wondering if a student has special needs or a mental illness (cerebral palsy for example) would that make the student be able to stay at campus accommodation for all three years of study?

Thanks.

No Problem! It does depend on the circumstances of each individual however, usually we can offer on campus accommodation for 3 years for students with additional needs.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by University of Winchester
No Problem! It does depend on the circumstances of each individual however, usually we can offer on campus accommodation for 3 years for students with additional needs.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with :smile:

Thanks for letting me know, I’m just wondering, what kind of food is offered to the catered students?
Hi, my daughter is waiting for her last uni to respond with an offer/rejection before deciding which to firm. She loves Winchester but is concerned that if she waits much longer she will lose out on an ensuite, She likes Queens, Burma and West Downs in that order. What are the chances that if she doesn't firm until April/May that accommodation with ensuites will still be available.
Hello,

Unfortunately, It's quite difficult for me to answer this as Housing isn't allocated until the deadline has passed (this is usually in mid-June). Up until that point all rooms are available still, as students are in the application period. We do operate a ‘first applied, first allocated’ system, so recommend getting in your application as soon as possible for the greatest chance of getting your first-choice accommodation.

The majority of rooms available to students on campus are en-suite rooms so I wouldn't worry to much about their availability, especially if an application is made before the guarantee date. As mentioned earlier, housing is usually allocated in the 4 weeks following the deadline so the best thing to do is to apply for the room wanted as soon as possible.

April and May are still early enough in the process that I wouldn't be too concerned about availability.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending