I need tips on AS level english language

Watch this thread
nourxc
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I need good resources for english language ( not literature) like notes regarding lexical fields, semantics , structure , language (for the analytical questions) or the things I should look for in certain genre conventions such as autobiographies PLEASE I would really appreciate if anyone knows or has resources or notes for english language
Also I Need any revisions tips for AS level english language
My board is CIE ( Cambridge international examinations)
student17!
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by nourxc)
I need good resources for english language ( not literature) like notes regarding lexical fields, semantics , structure , language (for the analytical questions) or the things I should look for in certain genre conventions such as autobiographies PLEASE I would really appreciate if anyone knows or has resources or notes for english language
Go on the z-library website on google and search A level English language and you would see it- free download/preview
Kim J
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
check the examiner reports + example candidate responses (on bestexamhelp or gceguide) these will give u a good idea
nourxc
Rep:
(Original post by Kim J)
check the examiner reports + example candidate responses (on bestexamhelp or gceguide) these will give u a good idea
I read some candidate responses however I pretty sure the exam structure was changed last year so I am struggling in practicing as I only have 2021 papers to practice from
Kim J
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I read some candidate responses however I pretty sure the exam structure was changed last year so I am struggling in practicing as I only have 2021 papers to practice from
ohh okay
if you check resource plus they have made some things free, so they might have specimen responses for the new syllabus
Good Luck!
Charlotteshay
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by student17!)
Go on the z-library website on google and search A level English language and you would see it- free download/preview
Where can i find aqa
or edexcel english language as level textbooks and online resources
Last edited by Charlotteshay; 5 months ago
student17!
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Charlotteshay)
Where can i find aqa
I do wjec Eduqas so I’m unsure but I’m 100% sure AQA has as level text books cause I brought it from Amazon in y12
student17!
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Where can i find aqa
Tell me your components/what topics you are going to be covering throughout your course and I’ll see if it matches the ones I done and I’ll send you dozens and dozens of resources
Charlotteshay
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Tell me your components/what topics you are going to be covering throughout your course and I’ll see if it matches the ones I done and I’ll send you dozens and dozens of resources
I'm not going to study it till september i would like to practise and have some insight about it beforehand
Charlotteshay
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
how do you study for English language and for the coursework can you do any topic
student17!
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
how do you study for English language and for the coursework can you do any topic
For me it’s
Component 1 section A: speech
Component 1 section B: language issues

Component 2 section A: language change
Component 2 section B: language in 21st century

Component 3: creative writing

Component 4: language and identity and coursework

👆🏼 Tell me if you’re doing any of these so I send you resources

And good cause my coursework was about anything, I didn’t really use model answers for coursework since it’s about anything you like but our teacher showed us some from previous students who scored high
Charlotteshay
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
For me it’s
Component 1 section A: speech
Component 1 section B: language issues

Component 2 section A: language change
Component 2 section B: language in 21st century

Component 3: creative writing

Component 4: language and identity and coursework

👆🏼 Tell me if you’re doing any of these so I send you resources

And good cause my coursework was about anything, I didn’t really use model answers for coursework since it’s about anything you like but our teacher showed us some from previous students who scored high
I heard that the content is a lot. Does it help to read books just to know more vocab.I checked the spec and the topics are pretty much the same its just the exam questions that vary.
student17!
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I heard that the content is a lot. Does it help to read books just to know more vocab.I checked the spec and the topics are pretty much the same its just the exam questions that vary.
I assume you’re in y11 and starting y12 in September? If so don’t worry cause the style is extremely the same, eg quote and term and topic sentence. Even my English teacher says you don’t have to revise for English as much as you would for law, history etc. and we finished component 2 in a matter of a few months and creative writing in a few weeks and finished the coursework and revising component 1. I always tried to start books to increase vocabulary but haven’t yet but yes, books are interesting and is beneficial in the long run
Charlotteshay
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I assume you’re in y11 and starting y12 in September? If so don’t worry cause the style is extremely the same, eg quote and term and topic sentence. Even my English teacher says you don’t have to revise for English as much as you would for law, history etc. and we finished component 2 in a matter of a few months and creative writing in a few weeks and finished the coursework and revising component 1. I always tried to start books to increase vocabulary but haven’t yet but yes, books are interesting and is beneficial in the long run
Actually i chose the wrong subject and its too late for me to change.Thats why i would like have some insight and know how to revise for englsih language.Youtube vidoes seem to portray english langauge as really difficult.I would also like to say how I'm gratiful for your help.
student17!
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Actually i chose the wrong subject and its too late for me to change.Thats why i would like have some insight and know how to revise for englsih language.Youtube vidoes seem to portray english langauge as really difficult.I would also like to say how I'm gratiful for your help.
Do you have instagram/Snapchat? For me to send the resources and to elaborate more there? It takes 20 mins for student room to notify someone that someone else replied that’s why
Charlotteshay
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Do you have instagram/Snapchat? For me to send the resources and to elaborate more there? It takes 20 mins for student room to notify someone that someone else replied that’s why
My snapchat is asharif511
nourxc
Rep:
Uhmm what do u mean by resource plus?
roonilwazlib69
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
hey guys, bit random, but do any of you know how strict AQA are with referencing (might have made a slight mistake but aiming for A*)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads