The Student Room Group

advanced info - GCSE mocks

my mocks start on 1st march. i was just revising my physics when i realised that some of the topics might not even be on the real exam, so therefore not on my mock either. i am doing paper 2 physics AQA and the advanced information states:

Topics not assessed in this paper:
4.5.4 Moments, levers and gears
4.6.2 Electromagnetic waves
4.6.3 Black body radiation
4.7.1 Permanent and induced magnetism, magnetic forces and fields

i use the AQA CGP book. does that mean that i miss out ALL of the electromagnetic waves? so:
-electromagnetic waves
-radio waves
-EM waves and their uses
-more uses of EM waves
-dangers of EM waves
-Visible light
-Infrared radiation and Temperature
-Black body radiation
-sound waves
-ultrasound waves

am i correct to miss those topics in P6 out? it does seem like an awful lot - especially as i found those concepts the hardest to remember. my teachers haven't said much about this all and the advanced information is hard for me to comprehend. thank you so much :smile:
Original post by harlz_chalamet
my mocks start on 1st march. i was just revising my physics when i realised that some of the topics might not even be on the real exam, so therefore not on my mock either. i am doing paper 2 physics AQA and the advanced information states:

Topics not assessed in this paper:
4.5.4 Moments, levers and gears
4.6.2 Electromagnetic waves
4.6.3 Black body radiation
4.7.1 Permanent and induced magnetism, magnetic forces and fields

i use the AQA CGP book. does that mean that i miss out ALL of the electromagnetic waves? so:
-electromagnetic waves
-radio waves
-EM waves and their uses
-more uses of EM waves
-dangers of EM waves
-Visible light
-Infrared radiation and Temperature
-Black body radiation
-sound waves
-ultrasound waves

am i correct to miss those topics in P6 out? it does seem like an awful lot - especially as i found those concepts the hardest to remember. my teachers haven't said much about this all and the advanced information is hard for me to comprehend. thank you so much :smile:

yh my teacher said we dont have to revise them no more
Hey!
Although most exam boards have given advance information on what will be assessed and what won't be, they have also said that some of the topics you have been told you won't be assessed on might come up in 'low tariff questions' (basically the 1 and 2 markers that come as part of a question).
Be on the safe side and still go over those topics. To be honest, the advance materials aren't really helpful; they're telling you to not revise some topics but still revise them!!
Good luck!
Original post by madzzzina
Hey!
Although most exam boards have given advance information on what will be assessed and what won't be, they have also said that some of the topics you have been told you won't be assessed on might come up in 'low tariff questions' (basically the 1 and 2 markers that come as part of a question).
Be on the safe side and still go over those topics. To be honest, the advance materials aren't really helpful; they're telling you to not revise some topics but still revise them!!
Good luck!

yes! I have heard about that. Thank you
Reply 4
https://youtu.be/kw3kzb0UjcU

Hey guys, I made a YT video to help you all out with Advance Info (specifically Bio,maths and psych) but generally all A level and GCSE too. Hope it helps :smile:
Please let me know if I missed anything :P

Quick Reply

Latest