advanced info - GCSE mocks

Watch this thread
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
my mocks start on 1st march. i was just revising my physics when i realised that some of the topics might not even be on the real exam, so therefore not on my mock either. i am doing paper 2 physics AQA and the advanced information states:

Topics not assessed in this paper:
• 4.5.4 Moments, levers and gears
• 4.6.2 Electromagnetic waves
• 4.6.3 Black body radiation
• 4.7.1 Permanent and induced magnetism, magnetic forces and fields

i use the AQA CGP book. does that mean that i miss out ALL of the electromagnetic waves? so:
-electromagnetic waves
-radio waves
-EM waves and their uses
-more uses of EM waves
-dangers of EM waves
-Visible light
-Infrared radiation and Temperature
-Black body radiation
-sound waves
-ultrasound waves

am i correct to miss those topics in P6 out? it does seem like an awful lot - especially as i found those concepts the hardest to remember. my teachers haven't said much about this all and the advanced information is hard for me to comprehend. thank you so much
partk0268
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by harlz_chalamet)
my mocks start on 1st march. i was just revising my physics when i realised that some of the topics might not even be on the real exam, so therefore not on my mock either. i am doing paper 2 physics AQA and the advanced information states:

Topics not assessed in this paper:
• 4.5.4 Moments, levers and gears
• 4.6.2 Electromagnetic waves
• 4.6.3 Black body radiation
• 4.7.1 Permanent and induced magnetism, magnetic forces and fields

i use the AQA CGP book. does that mean that i miss out ALL of the electromagnetic waves? so:
-electromagnetic waves
-radio waves
-EM waves and their uses
-more uses of EM waves
-dangers of EM waves
-Visible light
-Infrared radiation and Temperature
-Black body radiation
-sound waves
-ultrasound waves

am i correct to miss those topics in P6 out? it does seem like an awful lot - especially as i found those concepts the hardest to remember. my teachers haven't said much about this all and the advanced information is hard for me to comprehend. thank you so much
yh my teacher said we dont have to revise them no more
madzzzina
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hey!
Although most exam boards have given advance information on what will be assessed and what won't be, they have also said that some of the topics you have been told you won't be assessed on might come up in 'low tariff questions' (basically the 1 and 2 markers that come as part of a question).
Be on the safe side and still go over those topics. To be honest, the advance materials aren't really helpful; they're telling you to not revise some topics but still revise them!!
Good luck!
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by madzzzina)
Hey!
Although most exam boards have given advance information on what will be assessed and what won't be, they have also said that some of the topics you have been told you won't be assessed on might come up in 'low tariff questions' (basically the 1 and 2 markers that come as part of a question).
Be on the safe side and still go over those topics. To be honest, the advance materials aren't really helpful; they're telling you to not revise some topics but still revise them!!
Good luck!
yes! I have heard about that. Thank you
ZedTV
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
https://youtu.be/kw3kzb0UjcU

Hey guys, I made a YT video to help you all out with Advance Info (specifically Bio,maths and psych) but generally all A level and GCSE too. Hope it helps
Please let me know if I missed anything :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
32.5%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (13)
32.5%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
5%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
5%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
7.5%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
15%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.5%

Watched Threads