The Student Room Group

Geography or history?!??!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Safwan Chowdhury
Oooooh. I’m interested in Dentistry as well - what unis seem appealing to you?

Ahh I mean any uni I can get into. I’ve got an interview today for Manchester and a Liverpool one. So hopefully I’ll get accepted into either one of them.
Original post by Honey57
Ahh I mean any uni I can get into. I’ve got an interview today for Manchester and a Liverpool one. So hopefully I’ll get accepted into either one of them.

Manchester sounds good. Have you applied to Brum - they’re dental school looks fantastic, better than their medical school!
Original post by Honey57
Nope, hopefully I’ll get in for dentistry. I’m kind of excited for my interview and can’t wait!
I’ve honestly done the best I can. Even if I don’t get accepted I can say that I tried my best so no regrets in the end.

That's great - I'm sure you'll get in. :smile:
Manchester sounds good. Have you applied to Brum - they’re dental school looks fantastic, better than their medical school!

Nope but honestly all medical and dental schools are equal. It doesn’t matter which one you get in because you’ll still be a qualified dentist/doctor
For GCSE geography is the case study about a sustainable energy development in LICs or NEEs (resource management) compulsory??
just asking cos i dont think my teacher taught me one
Original post by alberw21
For GCSE geography is the case study about a sustainable energy development in LICs or NEEs (resource management) compulsory??
just asking cos i dont think my teacher taught me one

Hi which exam board do you do?
I did both geography and history GCSE. Geography is way easier. Also we did a field trip with geography which was fun
Original post by Liliette
Hi which exam board do you do?

AQA
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by bread enthusiast
I did both geography and history GCSE. Geography is way easier. Also we did a field trip with geography which was fun

Same! I found Geography easier but History more interesting. Did you have to do a human and a physical geography trip? We had to measure a river for physical, and do a traffic survey for human. :h:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by alberw21
AQA

Ohh I see. I don't remember doing anything about sustainable energy development in LICs or NEEs - but we did learn about the Lagos Oil Spill (and about the company, Shell).
Original post by onacapogrossi
HI GUYS PLEASE TELL ME IF I SHOULD TAKE GEOGRAPHY OR HISTORY I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE AS IM GOOD AT THEM BOTH!!!!!
Any advice on what to choose is appreciated!!
thanks <33

Which one do you enjoy?
If you are not sure, I suggest you take History. I really enjoy it and you hopefully will:smile:
Ohh I see. I don't remember doing anything about sustainable energy development in LICs or NEEs - but we did learn about the Lagos Oil Spill (and about the company, Shell).

ok maybe its not needed then. i learnt about shell too. luckily changing economic world isn't compulsory anymore so im not doing it :smile:
Same! I found Geography easier but History more interesting. Did you have to do a human and a physical geography trip? We had to measure a river for physical, and do a traffic survey for human. :h:

we did one trip where we measured a river for physical and then went to a nearby town and did a survey about the flood defences for human, had to ask some people some questions and make a map of the type of ground around the river
HI GUYS PLEASE TELL ME IF I SHOULD TAKE GEOGRAPHY OR HISTORY I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE AS IM GOOD AT THEM BOTH!!!!!
Any advice on what to choose is appreciated!!
thanks <33

Personally i would say history because it may be more interesting than geography. i took geography as a gcse and i failed it because i found it boring.
Original post by candybucks
Personally i would say history because it may be more interesting than geography. i took geography as a gcse and i failed it because i found it boring

ohh thats unfortunate
did you do history and geography??:smile:
ohh thats unfortunate
did you do history and geography??:smile:

We had to pick one and i picked geography.
Original post by candybucks
We had to pick one and i picked geography.

ohh
Original post by Honey57
Nope but honestly all medical and dental schools are equal. It doesn’t matter which one you get in because you’ll still be a qualified dentist/doctor

How’d it go??? :confused::smile:
How’d it go??? :confused::smile:

I think it went okay, we’ll see by the end of March
hi guys, update so today we actually had to choose our options and this is what i chose:

- music

- history

- geography

- german

- BTEC enterprise (this is for the curriculum enhancement option and there isn't just business so im doing BTEC)

I rlly hope i dont regret this lol:h:

Quick Reply

Latest