The Student Room Group

BBC apprenticeship 2022

So all the apprenticeship have now been released for September and I was very excited to apply as I wanted to do a production apprenticeship instead of uni but all the locations are not in the city where I live. I’m not sure if I’m still able to apply and if so if I’m able to move without the perks of students accommodation. Just wondered if anyone could help :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Rachill
So all the apprenticeship have now been released for September and I was very excited to apply as I wanted to do a production apprenticeship instead of uni but all the locations are not in the city where I live. I’m not sure if I’m still able to apply and if so if I’m able to move without the perks of students accommodation. Just wondered if anyone could help :frown:

hi!
I think with the apprenticeships you get paid, (and slightly more in London too) and after reading an interview from someone who had completed the scheme, they said it was enough money to be able to live on.
I also just saw today that they were advertising but didn't realise they were actually released today?! - I started my application and on my profile it says that the deadline for submitting is today so was very confused ??? ... do they just want people to submit within the same day or is it a glitch?
Reply 2
Original post by Rachill

I don't think they provide student accommodation but if you do get to the part of the process where it's relevant, they may be able to support you in finding relevant accommodation or perhaps you can commute daily? I'm also applying and whilst my concern is lack of experience, I'm operating under the idea that I'll regret it too much if I don't. Hope you figure it out!
Reply 3
Hey! I applied for the marketing degree apprenticeship and an in the same boat that i’d have to relocate. I don’t think the bbc are partnered with any accommodation and a lot of the student flats don’t allow apprentices as it complicates the council tax situation (if anyone knows any in manchester that do lmk). I know the C4 scheme offers help with moving costs but haven’t seen any mention by bbc. Seems the best plan is to flat share with those in a similar situation :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey, I know u are talking about accommodations here but I was wondering if anyone has gotten to the next stage of their application. I applied for the digital marketing degree apprenticeship at bbc and I’ve completed the artic shores assessment and they’ve emailed me back saying my application has been passed on to the hiring managers. But after that email I haven’t heard back from them for a while. Is anyone else in the same position or does anyone have an idea on how long it takes?
Original post by inayahmalik
Hey, I know u are talking about accommodations here but I was wondering if anyone has gotten to the next stage of their application. I applied for the digital marketing degree apprenticeship at bbc and I’ve completed the artic shores assessment and they’ve emailed me back saying my application has been passed on to the hiring managers. But after that email I haven’t heard back from them for a while. Is anyone else in the same position or does anyone have an idea on how long it takes?

Hey, I applied for the same apprenticeship and got sent the same email a month ago. Still waiting for a response and also wanted to know how long it would take!
Thanks for replying! That gives me some reassurance that you are in the same position. Hopefully we both get to the next stage! The waiting game is the worst!
Well I broke my promise to myself and reapplied this year. I'm also waiting to hear back. Based on last year it will take a long time because it took months and months between each stage and dates were constantly pushed further and further into the future. They say they have adjusted the process this year so maybe the application process will be more streamlined now.

Good luck everybody!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for replying! That gives me some reassurance that you are in the same position. Hopefully we both get to the next stage! The waiting game is the worst!

The waiting game is the worst, hopefully we get through the next stage! Last year I’m sure it was the same hopefully we get responses as soon as :smile:
Hello! I'm doing my application for the Production Apprenticeship Fast track and I've got to the final section which is the video interview. Anyone know if it's a live interview or if you have to upload a video?? Also, we had to do a Situational Judgement test last year and I haven't had to do it this year. Anyone know if that's normal? Thank you so much for any help!
Original post by poeticalgoldfish
Hello! I'm doing my application for the Production Apprenticeship Fast track and I've got to the final section which is the video interview. Anyone know if it's a live interview or if you have to upload a video?? Also, we had to do a Situational Judgement test last year and I haven't had to do it this year. Anyone know if that's normal? Thank you so much for any help!

Hiya, I haven’t got to the video interview stage but I’ve heard it isn’t live. I think you have to upload a video and they give you a certain amount of time to answer the question. Also they are making people do the situational judgement test, depending on the apprenticeship you applied for. As I applied for the digital marketing one and I had to do the situational judgment test. Not sure the reasoning behind that. Hope I sort of answered your questions!
Hiya, I haven’t got to the video interview stage but I’ve heard it isn’t live. I think you have to upload a video and they give you a certain amount of time to answer the question. Also they are making people do the situational judgement test, depending on the apprenticeship you applied for. As I applied for the digital marketing one and I had to do the situational judgment test. Not sure the reasoning behind that. Hope I sort of answered your questions!

Hi there! that is so helpful thank you so much for answering! Good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 12
Hey, thought i’d pop an in update here to say I just got an email saying it should be next week they update us with who’s going forward to interview. Good luck to us all😁
Original post by ezc01
Hey, thought i’d pop an in update here to say I just got an email saying it should be next week they update us with who’s going forward to interview. Good luck to us all😁

Excellent news!! thanks for sharing :smile: Which scheme did you apply for?
Original post by ezc01

Hey, I got the same email! Good luck to u too! 😊
Reply 15
Original post by ezc01

Hiya - which scheme did you apply for? I know this thread is for the apprenticeship but I'm hoping to find literally anything about the trainee scheme as I haven't heard from them since early March! Good luck btw !
Reply 16
Original post by enbynd
Hiya - which scheme did you apply for? I know this thread is for the apprenticeship but I'm hoping to find literally anything about the trainee scheme as I haven't heard from them since early March! Good luck btw !

Hey! I applied for the digital marketing apprenticeship in late December, completed the psychometric assessment end of January and this is the first contact since! Totally get trying to find any information possible (especially of timelines) as i’ve been doing the same😅
Still waiting to hear about the broadcast technical operator scheme and production apprenticeship, but I'm glad that we're starting to hear that things are moving forward.
Hello. Considering the deadline for the outcome is the 4th of April, I still haven't heard anything for a long while now. When I check the BBC Careers Hub, it just says Status: Application Submitted. Has anyone at all found out yet? Does anyone have any info on the matter :smile:
have you heard back yet? i’m still waiting for a reply

Quick Reply

Latest