HMRC HO Compliance Caseworker Manchester/Liverpool

Watch this thread
badger888
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Good evening, hope you're all well.

Has anybody had any further notifications about the role above in terms of interview dates etc

Also just wondering if anyone can shed any light on interview tips for EO or HO positions..

TIA
Pikachu210796
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
I applied for both locations and heard back today, however, I’m not entirely sure what they were trying to tell me. The message I got told me that:

“ Congratulations, you have successfully completed the online tests for HO Compliance Caseworker in Liverpool. All candidates that have passed the online tests under the above vacancy have been moved to a holding pool for up to 12 months.”

What did you hear?
Last edited by Pikachu210796; 4 months ago
badger888
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Pikachu210796)
I applied for both locations and heard back today, however, I’m not entirely sure what they were trying to tell me. The message I got told me that:

“ Congratulations, you have successfully completed the online tests for HO Compliance Caseworker in Liverpool. All candidates that have passed the online tests under the above vacancy have been moved to a holding pool for up to 12 months.”

What did you hear?
Yes exactly the same. Im hoping another email comes through for interview but im not keeping my hopes up.

Have you been looking at a HO position for a while?
Pikachu210796
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by badger888)
Yes exactly the same. Im hoping another email comes through for interview but im not keeping my hopes up.

Have you been looking at a HO position for a while?
Kind of yes. I have an AO position at the moment, but I’m in the running for the TSP and an EO role too. But this was kind of one of the ones I wanted most.
Yippee21
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone heard anything I was successful at interview for Liverpool but have been placed in reserve?
Bellahbee
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes I've heard back today that I have been put on reserve. I was wanting Manchester mainly over Liverpool, anyways.
Pikachu210796
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Yippee21)
Has anyone heard anything I was successful at interview for Liverpool but have been placed in reserve?
I’m in the same position as you, no updates yet.
Have you got your position on the merit list?
Yippee21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I am 27th on the reserve list for Liverpool, I requested a freedom of information request from HMRC and 76 people passed the interview for Liverpool, all 76 went on to the reserve list. I think there where 30 vacancies so I'm hoping beyond hope that I may get a job but I am just really worried after the announcement of the proposed recruitment freeze for the civil service. How about you?
Pikachu210796
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey, also passed the interview for Liverpool, 6th in the list. I think the problem we may come up against is that they still have an active reserve list from an August campaign from last year. I’be got everything crossed that we hear something very soon!
Yippee21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Oh wow so could be further away than I thought, thank you for the update. Surely there must be enough vacancies if they felt the need to run an additional campaign. I wonder how many are left from August.
treble03
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey, also passed the interview for Liverpool, 6th in the list. I think the problem we may come up against is that they still have an active reserve list from an August campaign from last year. I’be got everything crossed that we hear something very soon!
What was your score?
Pikachu210796
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
38/44
treble03
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
38/44
Cheers, I assume I'm a place or two behind you.

I'm internal and was hoping for someone to drop out of July start date and I've got the security clearance already sorted for a quick start.

Unlikely now
Yippee21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
My score was 34
Pikachu210796
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Also internal. Didn’t realise that drop outs were likely to be offered to internals.
treble03
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Also internal. Didn’t realise that drop outs were likely to be offered to internals.
Don't think there is a strict rule but if 2-3 drop out at late notice I think they'll take whoever is proceedable, no chance an external could get their clearance in time
Pikachu210796
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by treble03)
Don't think there is a strict rule but if 2-3 drop out at late notice I think they'll take whoever is proceedable, no chance an external could get their clearance in time
I see, yes that makes a lot of sense. Well we will see. I have barely seen anyone piping up about the July start date. I think on the main forum I’ve only seen two. Odd as there’s usually a fair amount of applicants in this platform. I’m holding out hope that it means they are still hoping to hire more but, I’m just being hopeful. Haha.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads