The Student Room Group

Notts vs bayes(cass) vs Exeter for investment banking

I currently have offers from these three universities for a masters in banking and finance(cass and notts) and masters in finance and investment(Exeter). Which one out of these three gives me the best chance of breaking though into investment banking. I understand that all three are semi targets. I don’t have the grades to get into a target uni so I’m hoping to go to a good semi target to break through
(edited 2 years ago)
if you are paying an overseas fee, then try to reapply to the top universities. Banks are picky and they like people from the top uni.
Original post by Yanan13
I currently have offers from these three universities for a masters in banking and finance(cass and notts) and masters in finance and investment(Exeter). Which one out of these three gives me the best chance of breaking though into investment banking. I understand that all three are semi targets. I don’t have the grades to get into a target uni so I’m hoping to go to a good semi target to break through

It's true that Notts is a semi-target for IB and that Exeter and Cass are somewhere between good non-target and semi-targets for IB, however this is for undergrad.

At the postgrad level then all of these are non-targets for IB. The possibility of getting into IB with a master's from somewhere other than LBS, LSE, Imperial, Oxbridge and maybe Warwick isn't very high. Even here, often Cambridge and Warwick's MSc finance courses are considered as semi-targets. Postgrad recruitment is very small in the UK for banks so the distribution of unis is very concentrated on the top ones.

Quick Reply

Latest