The Student Room Group

What game do you have a love/hate relationship with?

Just want to know what games you guys love playing on some days and on other days you just hate the game to its core.

A game that you would play, rage at, and after a couple of minutes get back on the game.

Trying to develop another unhealthy addiction.

:u:
Reply 1
Original post by Susboi Papi
Just want to know what games you guys love playing on some days and on other days you just hate the game to its core.

A game that you would play, rage at, and after a couple of minutes get back on the game.

Street fighter (alpha 3). I’m horrible at it. It’s one of those games that you’re either an expert at or you suck horribly at with 5 minute lucky streaks. No inbetween. It’s available on pc and also available on PlayStation 3/4/5 in the street fighter 30th anniversary edition anthology
Pro Evolution Soccer back when it had rubberband AI.

But now I stop playing any game that gets me angry. It's a game so should be fun, maybe challenging, but not infuriating.
(edited 2 years ago)
I'd say call of duty or battlefield, but in reality, #1 on my love/hate list has to be no man's sky. I'd spend hours playing and get less done than i did playing it for 30 minutes the day before or so. I loved the game itself and made good friends there, but the complexity of survival just turned me into a full creative(freeplay) mode player. Fun game, too intricate for my casual gaming style.
Reply 4
genshin impact

Fortnite.
somedays I can’t live without it
sometimes it’s just nope
I love the Mega Man games without any conditions! I have a love-hate for the Crash and Spyro according to my success in these games and a hate for almost every football game.
I immediately went traditional and thought of Monopoly.
But digital... Subway Surfers
And I wish there weren't so many cheats on Sims 4. I get impatient and give myself money or satisfaction points but cheating ruins the fun.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
rocket league
Reply 9
Hades for me, a very nervous and difficult game.
(edited 5 months ago)
elden ring got me like
Reply 11
Assassin's Creed 1 - those follow missions get really boring after ab three in a row
Reply 12
Warzone

Competitive games such as Smash Bros. Ultimate or Rivals of Aether. After a while, I feel like playing them again, play a couple rounds and lose a bunch, and then leave it for a couple days before going back for more.

Quick Reply