Goldsmiths Fine Art application

Watch this thread
tylajn
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi, so basically I'm applying for fine art at goldsmiths and one of their requirements alongside a portfolio is writing an essay, either an exhibition review (around 2 pages) or something you've written during your course. I'm really struggling on what to write, anyone have any suggestions?
IDK.345
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by tylajn)
Hi, so basically I'm applying for fine art at goldsmiths and one of their requirements alongside a portfolio is writing an essay, either an exhibition review (around 2 pages) or something you've written during your course. I'm really struggling on what to write, anyone have any suggestions?
You could submit your written investigation as part of your theme for A Level Art or for an exhibition talk about a visit and discuss which pieces struck you, which were the most impactful or influential on you ? which pieces you didn't like and why. What variable made the piece powerful, was it the lighting, the positioning, the perspective, tones used, composition etc. if you don't do a written investigation, talk about your theme as a journey from initial ideas to recordings, artist research, how did they help you change your work (if they did) to your development to your final piece, talk about the personal meaning of your theme to you and how your work would impact society or how society can relate to your work. Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads